.http://patreon.com/jolope

.http://patreon.com/jolope
http://patreon.com/jolope

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Everything Happens For Me

"Everything happens for me, not to me."
- Byron Katie

I heard this yesterday in the middle of a

Reiki I course that I was taking.

I really like it.




I like it especially because I can potentially wrap my head around it, even in
the midst of things in my life that don't seem to be all that great.  A problem I
have with many quotes is that in the midst of what they are supposed to apply
to they have little to no impact for me.  But that doesn't stop people from 
saying them.

I went to be trained and certified in Reiki because I wanted a name that people

can identify with.  For years I have done my own type of energy healing work,
and it doesn't have a name.  It seems people want to have something to 
identify with - thus the label.

At least that is what I told myself.


Interestingly, Reiki I is more about self healing.  I can still work with the 

energy and help others, but there is a focus on the self.  I can see how this
could be beneficial for me.  It is not unlike what I have done.  If anything, there
is more structure, which in this case might be a good thing for me.

I have known about Reiki for years, but I never wanted to be trained in it

because I was concerned it might mess with me and what I was doing on my
own.

At least that is what I told myself.


My teacher Tracy Houchins yesterday was amazing.  I had looked at having a 

different one that was more local, and less expensive, but I think I made an 
awesome choice.  She doesn't do Reiki by the numbers.  She believes in an
intuitive approach which is so perfect for me.

This is the second "teacher" (Kyle Cease being the other) that I have had in

recent months that fits me and my approach to things.  I love it.  It has been
so perfect, and such a validation for how I am and how I do things.  

I could have taken Reiki years ago, and I am guessing it would have been a 

totally different experience because I was a different me, I would have had 
a different teacher, and the group would have not been the same.  (Interestingly,
someone came 3+ hours to be there instead of finding someone more local).

I suspect the time was right.  As a matter of fact I kept hearing in my head

yesterday "When the time is right..."




No comments:

Post a Comment