.http://patreon.com/jolope

.http://patreon.com/jolope
http://patreon.com/jolope

Thursday, October 10, 2013

About the Trip/How to Donate

The following is from October of 2013. It was written, asking for help for a cross country trip. You can see what my needs are currently at this link.




If it helps, you can view this video to get a sense of me and what I am up to:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yX7gqL5iXQY&sns=em

I want to thank anyone who takes the time to come by and see what I am about, and helps out. I know situations like this suck. I know all too well, unfortunately. I appreciate the goodness of people who are willing to help. Please know that every dollar really does count. So many people tell me they can't help because they think a little won't matter, and they don't have a lot to give. If 4,000 people saw this and each gave $1.00, I would have $4,000. Things have a way of adding up. 



To help, you can choose from:

********

Tax Deductible Option
CancerSupportFoundation.org

You can send a check or donate via Paypal on their site.
Just be sure to DESIGNATE your donation

for Elizabeth Alraune

********

For GoFundMe click the image below

********

Choose Your Paypal Option Below:
(There is a lower fee here)

As an alternative, you can click here,
and enter the email address ThankYouATJoLoPeDOTcom
(spelled that way to try to avoid spammers - use regular @ and . symbols)
and enter whatever number your heart desires :)

Even $1 Donation Helps!

********

Cedonaah (Wallpaper Images)
You can also check out Cedonaah
(Wallpapers for free, but you can donate
for ones you like - if you like)

********

Like Hypnosis? 
Buy an MP3 of mine

********

For anyone leery of sending money online, here is another option: https://www.moneypak.com/paypal/index.aspx. 
You buy a card at participating stores, a "moneypak," 
and on the back there is a code. 
You give me the code, and the money registers in my Paypal account.



********

Should you choose to donate in any way, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. I have been trying to thank each person personally, but I hope you will understand if my thank you to you slips. I can't do everything I want to do, and am extremely overwhelmed by just the basics. Some people have told me that they don't expect a thank you while others have not been as understanding. I really would appreciate you knowing that I am grateful whether you receive a personal thank you or not.

Questions about the trip


Why now?
I have always wanted to take a trip cross country that I could just enjoy, not go because I had to, but because I wanted to. I was trying to figure out how I might do it not too long before I was diagnosed last year. At one point during chemo, I wondered if "this was it." I wondered if I would never again be able to do the things I wanted and loved to do. Fortunately, I made it through. But then, in April this year, spots showed up. cancer was back, but it was more of a watching thing at the time. I spoke with a friend, Ayngel Boshemia, and we were going to try to take a trip in the spring. Our efforts didn't get us very far, and we had to put it off. On October 4, I was told by a surgeon that the number and size of my spots had increased, and that I was not eligible for surgery, and chemo was likely my only option. I was also told in a way that seemed to indicate that my situation was serious, and it sounded like - short of a miracle (which I am soo hoping for!) - I may never again get off chemo once I get on it. If you don't know anything about chemo, it is very difficult to live a life, or travel, or do much of anything, especially when you have treatments several weeks in a row. There is much more I could say about it, but already have among these blog entries. Just please understand that if that is a possibility, I will never have an opportunity to do this again. I MUST do it now.

What do the doctors say?
They want me to come in for treatment yesterday. They do not recommend this.

What is this trip about?
Much like this blog, it is about me, first and foremost. However, because it is about me, and it comes from my heart and soul, it is about others as well. SO many people do not realize what those dealing with cancer deal with. Chemo is only a small part of the story, and many parts of the story are hidden because people feel embarrassed, ashamed, feel pressure to be a certain way, have a desire not to talk about it, are afraid to talk about it, know that others have a discomfort about the topic. 

I have the freedom to talk because I am "out." What I have been going through is no secret. 125+ videos and 950+ blog entries talk - in detail - about what I have gone through. Much of what I have discovered is not talked about. Those who enter the cancer experience are often unpleasantly surprised by how things are. It is certainly no secret to those already there, but those there often stay within the bubble. Those outside think they know something, but if they know anything at all, it is often only how things seem to be. If I didn't have such a desperate need for help, it is likely I would have joined the silent contingent.

But the fact is is that it is good that I haven't. The types of things I talk about NEED to be talked about. There is an urgency. I have a theory that things would be a lot better for us all if we could as a whole get a better comfort level with the cancer conversation. I have heard statistics that say 1 in 2 people will be affected by cancer. I have also heard 1 in 3 women and 1 in 2 men. For that many to be affected, we need to do a better job of understanding the needs of those in need. Despite the fact that many think there are countless ways people coping with cancer can be helped financially, it is just not true. Just ask Cindy Carter of The Cancer Support Foundation in Maryland. This trip is me living life, it is also about bringing the topics of this blog to a living forum.

Where are you going? What are you going to do?
My plan - as of this writing - is to drive from the Baltimore area to the LA area and up to Seattle, and fly home over the course of a month. I have changed it around a few times, trying to figure out the best way to do this for my convenience, and mindful of the potential that I could have difficulty with driving as much as will be required. Even for a healthy person, this is an ambitious trip.

I plan to put  - and have been putting - out the word about the trip and see if anyone I know might want a visit. I am open to staying with friends of people I know, if there is an interest. I am, however, not counting on it, which is why I have asked for $3000 for hotels ($100/per night). I am not adverse to going to a hotel, telling them what is going on, and see if they will do anything to lessen a part of this burden. Given how many Nos I have gotten so far, I do not think I can count on it.

There are a lot of details that I am going to make up as I go along. If I have no where in particular I want to go, I may just get in the car and go and see where I land. With my current plan, I figure I have approximately 3 weeks to make it cross county and 1 week to get up to Seattle.

I would also like to meet with alternative, energy healers along the way. I cannot afford to pay for services, but would be happy to do a promotional trade with my radio show and blog.

What if something happens with your health along the way?
Something can happen to any of us at any time. I suspect this trip is a great metaphor for life. Despite the fact that we want to believe we know what will happen, we often are surprised. We can't let the uncertainty stop us from taking steps, moving forward, and living life. If something happens along the way, I will deal with it. It is not out of the question that I could - if I had to - get on a plane and come home. Of course, it is not what I want to do, but I am trying to do what I can - while I can.

If the end of the road is coming for me, I want to go out living life. I told someone if I don't go on this trip, I'm dead. It feels way too important, and I have to listen. Am I doing the right thing? None of us really knows. However unhappy I will be if my time is coming to a close, I will have known I made the right choice.

Halting life and going on chemo right now does not offer me any assurances, so there is no way to know that that choice is the best one to make. There are miracles that happen all the time. There are also deaths. Time will tell which side I will be on, and I hope to be among those who have a miracle story to tell. But, even if I am not, I do have a story to tell.

When are you leaving?
Ideally, I would like to be on the road Monday, October 14. At the latest, on the 16th. I plan to leave even if I don't have enough money for total expenses, and hope that additional funds come in during the month, and/or along the way. 

What are you going to do with the money?
$3500 one way car rental + full insurance
$1000 gas
$3000 hotels
$500 food
$500 misc/buffer money
$500 airfare

All numbers are estimates, and perhaps variable, depending on what I can work out in terms of places to stay, and if anyone is willing and able to sponsor me. I am not quite sure what I will do if I run out of money on the road, but I am hoping that will not happen. Any additional funds beyond what I need for this trip will help me survive financially. I am running out of money. If I am lucky, I will be OK through the end of the year, but after that, especially if I am on chemo, I am going to be in big trouble. When I was diagnosed, I had some savings, and I have received some donations, but the kitty is lower than it ever has been. It is very difficult to have to ask for money over and over and over again.

What can I do to help?
Money is the first and obvious answer. Above are the two options on how you can do that. You could also help me find sponsors or people to meet and/or stay with. You could alert various people in the media, reporters, talk shows, whoever you think could be interested in this story. If you send something out on Facebook, please know that most people do not see 80% of the statuses. You may need to send something out several times to have people see what you want them to see. Many people, including yourself, may say they'd love to help, but can't. Do you have $1 you can spare? You can help. Please do not underestimate the value of $1. It all really does add up. If you got your 600 Facebook friends to contribute a $1, that would be $600. Not bad, right?

Ayngel Boshemia created a shared document that has possibilities for contacts that could be supportive of the trip. You can check the document, and see if there is anyone or anything that might be added. You can view it here.  I would appreciate it if you would reach out on my behalf. it is not possible for me to do all that I need to. If there is some way that you think you can help, it is not only welcome, but appreciated. 

If you are a Reiki practitioner, or energy healer, your efforts on my behalf are welcome and appreciated. I also would ask/suggest you watch this video with Gregg Braden. It shows a miracle in 2 minutes and 40 seconds, and he explains how it happened. If you are inclined to do what they have done on any kind of regular (or even one time) basis, I'll take it! It might also be of benefit to you or someone you love in some way.


How will you communicate on the road?
Good question. I am not sure. I suspect I may do videos more than I write, as it will be easier. If you are interested, you may want to follow my YouTube channel (gotstressgetrelief). I will likely not be taking a computer, so I will have limited ability to do things. With driving as much as I will be, I am also not sure how much energy I will have. I do want to document this trip, though. So, as with almost everything else, I will be making it up as I go along. As important as I feel it is, I do not want it to become job-like, as it will steal away a part of my intention for this trip.

Update: October 15
I have two main point people Marijane.ThompsonATgmail.com and Ayngel Boshemia boshemiaATgmail.com 970-864-7557 or 970-864-7640. (use @ symbol when writing them) I would ask that if there is something you want to convey to me on the road you try to contact them first. Perhaps copy both on any emails.

While I would love to individually correspond with anyone who might reach out, there is a part of me that is concerned it will take more energy than I have, and perhaps more time than I want to spend. I want to focus on what is in front of me. However I do value whatever someone may offer from the virtual world. While the system may not be perfect, I think it has the best shot of taking care of all of us. I hate when I miss something, or can't respond, and I bet you do, too.

In addition, I am not sure how much I will be blogging while on the trip. It may be a lot easier to just do videos, so please make a note of my YouTube channel if you want to know what is going on. Facebook.com/relatingtocancer will also be an information hub. If you would like to help me keep the page active, and would be willing to post on a regular basis while I am on my trip, please be in touch, and I will make you an admin.

Trip Sponsors











Interviews
If I am able, I will share interviews along the way here. The first interview with Subira was pre-trip. You can view it here.

Hear more about the trip on my radio show WorldofPerspectiveRadio.com
JoLoPe.com/wopr/podcast/World_Of_Perspective_10-07-2013.mp3
JoLoPe.com/wopr/podcast/World_Of_Perspective_10-14-2013.mp3  (features Sherri Robbins)

Thank Yous
http://anewme515.blogspot.com/2013/10/thank-yous.html


This, as with many of the other things I am doing is taking a lot of time and energy. I hope that I somehow, though, answered the main questions being asked. If I missed anything important or obvious, please let me know.

with lots of JoLoPe,
Elizabeth

Contact Me (Elizabeth Alraune)
Read My Story
View My Vlogs
About this (relate to cancer) Blog - Click Here
Read about where things are currently
Would you like to be a guest blogger?

No comments:

Post a Comment