.http://patreon.com/jolope

.http://patreon.com/jolope
http://patreon.com/jolope

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

It is so much easier...

I saw someone trying to raise funds for a cause. She asked for people to donate whatever they would spend on their lunch. It is so much easier to ask for something outside of ourselves, that is not for us. There is so much more I could say and do, if the help needed wasn't for me. It is easier to ask for an organization, rather than an individual, and yet many times what organizations receive do not trickle down to the people they are supposed to help.

I have asked for help for the better part of 3 years now. Some who may read this may know this fact, all too well. I definitely am all too aware of it, and it sucks more than most likely realize when they likely focus on the fact that it is something I do bring up a lot. I imagine there are some who say, "there she goes again," and likely tune me out.

I can't say I blame a single person. It has to be hard over there, but If it makes you feel any better, I can practically guarantee you that it is harder over here. To even have to be in a position to feel I need to ask, even beg, is nothing I would wish for anyone. One doesn't just decide to ask for help. At least this one doesn't. The circumstances push for it.

What would you do if you had no money coming in from a spouse or family or job? What if you had run through your savings? What if you had tried the public assistance route, and were found lacking? One couple in Ohio recently, in their desperation, committed suicide. If you wanted to live, and nothing seemed to be working in a way that you could be self-sufficient, you really would have no choice, but to ask. And when there was mostly silence, ask again. And when there was a trickle of help, be grateful, but as it wasn't enough, ask again.

Can you imagine needing help, but not even being able to get people to understand just how important, and precious, and needed even just $1 is? For most, $1 is such a small percentage of what they have available to them, and yet there are some who probably, likely think you are asking for $100. They say they can't afford to help. How would you feel if you heard that? 

My guess is, you would likely react the way I am. You could acknowledge another's reality,  but wish desperately that they might be able to see perspective that might allow them to help you...or even someone else, as you would recognize just how many people could use the help. Odds are they would not miss that $1. For most, there is more coming at some point, and worst case, it might be a minor inconvenience to help another that way.

Is this for all people, in all circumstances, at all times? Not at all. But it is for many more than many might think. If you haven't reached out to help me, or won't because you think someone else will or should, you are in the majority of those who know about my situation. You are in good company. 

Sadly, I, too, am in good company. 

If you would like to help, there are a myriad of ways. Patreon.com/Jolope is one. Heartsgiving.com gives other options - including a tax-deductible one. I am nearly out of money and undergoing chemo with no end in sight.  I am exhausted, but have still tried to help myself, and still reluctantly need to ask for your help. 

If you want options, I can give you some. Just ask. They are also sprinkled all over my stuff...there are so many ways you could do something to help me or another...If you are willing, you are able. I am even willing to let others use my work to help raise funds for the things that are important to them. That way it gets to help more than one person, in more than one way.

If you took the time to read this, thank you. Now please consider going out and helping someone who needs it. It doesn't have to be anything big. It just has to be something. It matters more than you may realize. You matter in the life of someone more than you may ever know. 

Please. Just do it. Thank you.


No comments:

Post a Comment