.http://patreon.com/jolope

.http://patreon.com/jolope
http://patreon.com/jolope

Monday, October 27, 2014

Two Things Cooking

I am trying to find places to display my art. Unfortunately I decided to be creative only after many of the places I have spoken with have booked their 2015 schedule.

As much as I hate to say it, when I hear that, I wonder where I will be in 2016. To be potentially morbid, will I still be here, and what shape will I be in?

I am trying to "be positive," but there are times when people talk about planning for the future I get uneasy. I am hoping it is "just" fear. After all, none of us know where we will be in the next 5 minutes, much less 14 months from now. We just think we do. But it is just a finely tuned illusion that gives us the illusion we think we have a clue.

I am feeling all kinds of things right now. Fear. Excitement. Exhaustion. Overwhelm.

There is so much that can be done. There is so much to be done. I am all over the place grasping for things. Some might think I am grasping for straws. Some may think I am trying to find the thing that works for me. Some may think I should "focus."

I don't know what I think. When this happens, I feel like I am not going where the wind takes me, but rather going where a part of me has already been taken. I am already a part way to where I think I am headed - ultimately often winding up somewhere else in the process.

Is it effective? I don't really know. Any person who thinks in a methodical, linear way probably wouldn't think so. But they're not me.

My "travels" all over the place have taken me to things that have become the foundation for other things. I am often grateful for the diversity that has been me.

So right now two things are cooking: where/how do I self-publish a book of the paintings I am working on and where/how do I display my art?

If you can help in either regard, please let me know.

Thank you.




No comments:

Post a Comment