.http://patreon.com/jolope

.http://patreon.com/jolope
http://patreon.com/jolope

Monday, May 26, 2014

S & S (Struggling & Sleepy)

Well. It took everything I had, but I went downstairs to get something to eat. When you are weak and nauseous the last thing you want to do is cook anything.

I stood by the counter, and took things slowly, as I nibbled on pretzels and ginger cookies and drank ginger ale while I brought out some chicken broth and some rice. I was going to do an egg, but just didn't feel up to it.

It seemed easier to just dump some rice into the boiling broth. As I think about it, it probably wasn't a good assessment to make. The egg would have even been quicker.

Oh well. On top of everything else, my head feels fogged. I can't imagine my diet of the last few days is helping much.

I am back in bed. Probably will try to sleep here soon. 

The good news in all of this is that my sourdough starter survived its refrigerator slumber of a couple of weeks. I was so happy to see it alive.

I just put it back to sleep, possibly for another couple of weeks. It will depend on when I next need bread combined with an ability to make it. The way I am eating it currently, that might be a good couple of weeks.

My eyes are wanting to shut, but before they do, I am going to get up one last time to brush my teeth. I so do not want to.

My eyes closed. I stopped moving.

I could so easily fall asleep. 

***
An hour later, I discovered I did just that.

No comments:

Post a Comment