.http://patreon.com/jolope

.http://patreon.com/jolope
http://patreon.com/jolope

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Letting Things Go

Much of what I am faced with at the moment is being
IN the moment.  At the same time, part of being in
the moment is allowing myself to let go of the past.

All too often our present moment lives in the shadows
of the past, and we don't even realize it. And it comes
in a myriad of ways.

For instance, I have had a bank account with a bank
14 years.  I know this, in part, because they told me
while they also told me that in the process of the
bank doing its thing, it decided to close out an
account I had.  Apparently it didn't fit with what
they were wanting to do any more.  The rep tried
to make it sound like it was about me, the customer.
But if it was about me, then I have to wonder if they
could have handled things differently.  

The fact is I didn't really like the bank.  I had thought
on numerous occasions about closing my account.
Ultimately I decided to keep it as I had access to the
account that they recently closed.

I wasn't happy about the closure, and basically told
them that they had just lost a customer.  Of course
they tried to get me to consider another account.
I was briefly tempted.  But why?  If I really wanted
another account, why open it with them?

In the end they did lose a customer, and I also think
that it is for the best, as it was something I was
connected to that wasn't something I felt good about.

Perhaps this is a time of letting go of more types of
things than I might have even thought about or
considered.  After all, there are the clothes, the
weight, and now the bank...and those are just the
obvious right now ones.

Do I dare wonder what else?
I think I might just have.
Oh boy.



No comments:

Post a Comment