.http://patreon.com/jolope

.http://patreon.com/jolope
http://patreon.com/jolope

Sunday, March 16, 2014

HIPEC, Disability and Help

Today has been an interesting day. It didn't start out so great, but as the day went on it got better. Whenever I don't feel well, I get nervous.

When I discussed my doctor visit the other day I forgot to mention that I found out that HIPEC surgery may not even be an option for me to consider. Apparently, if I am interested I then need to find out if I am even a candidate. I would sit down with the surgeon after getting a Pet Scan and a CT Scan and then I would find out what option I have, if any.

I kind of thought the option was an option. Guess it is good I found out now it may not be. I had been thinking that I might consider it if things got bad enough. It would really suck to think it was up to me and then meet the stark reality that it wasn't available.

I had been scheduled to meet the surgeon in October, but I declined the CT. Knowing what I know now I think I made the right choice. If I had gotten a scan then, I would likely have needed another one before I could get the surgery. And I hate the idea of the contrast. Whatever he would have told me then might not have been accurate, given whatever might have happened between then and whenever I might decide that I could be interested.

I really feel like the door on medical options is closing. I wonder sometimes if people get what this means to me and my situation. I am not walking around saying what stage I am (since I don't even know), or that I am terminal (I am not asking the question), or any of the buzz words that people seem to use. But just because I am not making drama here doesn't mean that there isn't any.

In some ways the HIPEC surgery terrifies me because of the fact that I would be in ICU for a while, provided I make it out of the surgery OK. I would also likely be in the hospital for at least a month. How can I survive financially if I am out of commission, when I can barely survive in semi-commission?

It would be really good if Disability would come through. It would give me some wiggle room that is really needed. I hope I hear something soon. As I think about it, maybe I will give them a call tomorrow to see if there has been a determination yet.  They said I would likely know something within 6 weeks at the end of January.

I don't want people worrying about me, or thinking I will die, but then if they don't think that I am in trouble, will they even be wiling to consider helping?

I really hate this line I walk. How can I convey my urgency without immersing myself in it?

UGH. UGH. UGH.

By the way, in regard to my situation, I have recently begun to share this post on Facebook. Please take a look, and see if you might help.

Thank you.

Can I raise $60 a day? That would be $1800 over the next 30 days...it is not enough for a month of expenses, but it would help tremendously. It would mean selling 1 mp3 at $15 or one candleholder designed by my artistic alter-ego, Cedonaah. It could mean other things, too. But those are 2 very clear possibilities. If each one of my friends found one of these things interesting, it would be about $6000 - enough to give me breathing room for a few months. And if each one knew one friend of theirs that could be interested, I might even be Ok for 5-6 months. There has to be at least something that calls to people with the stuff I do. $15 is likely not to be much for most anyone reading this, but it could make a huge difference to me. Would you be willing to take on helping me be discovered by a minimum of 4 people a day? If even 1/4 of my friends found something of interest, I would almost be to the goal for the month. What do you say? I have a lot to offer, and my work would love a greater audience, and I would love people to find value in the things I do in a way that helps/satisfies us both. And it would help me more than you might imagine. I will consider these thoughts more, and maybe post some possibilities in this, or another thread. Thanks for reading, and if you think you could help in this small - yet significant - way...please be in touch.

Feeling a bit disjointed tonight...well, more than a bit. So many questions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment