.http://patreon.com/jolope

.http://patreon.com/jolope
http://patreon.com/jolope

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Yummy (Recipe) | Homemade "Mounds"

Do you like Mounds?

Today I found a recipe called Coconut Bliss Balls on MindBodyGreen.com. I have wanted to make homemade Mounds on and off for a while, and I think I even saw a recipe at some point. But it never happened - 'til today, that is. I think their recipe may have even been better than what I originally saw so it seems that it is a great thing.

The recipe calls for dark chocolate, which likely would have been better, but I did not have any, so I used what I had.

Because I made it slightly different (among other things I used less chocolate than what the original recipe called for), and because I want to maintain a "copy" for myself, just in case the link stops working, I am going to post the recipe below. I hope there is no issue with that. The original recipe is linked above.

Homemade "Mounds"

1 c. organic finely shredded coconut
3 T. organic coconut oil
3 T. organic grade B Maple Syrup
1/2 t. vanilla extract
1 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips (without soy)
sea salt

Combine coconut, oil, syrup and extract until crumbly, and holds a form.

Roll a portion to make bite sized balls and place on aluminum foil. Sprinkle lightly with salt.

Place chocolate in a pot placed over another pot with boiling water, stirring constantly til melted.

Drop melted chocolate over balls, and coat on top and all sides.

Stick in fridge for 2 hours to harden.

Just had one from fridge, and it is a bit hard. I may take them out of the fridge a bit before serving so that they're not as hard. I'll let you know how it goes. They're for company on Saturday. What a temptation they will be until then! Oh well. LOL.

I am thinking of also making some stuffed mushrooms and breadsticks. We will see how I feel and how it goes. The main course is pizza!


No comments:

Post a Comment