.http://patreon.com/jolope

.http://patreon.com/jolope
http://patreon.com/jolope

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Medical Bills

So often when you hear about someone who is dealing with cancer, you hear about the enormous amount of medical bills that they have. It seems to be par for the course.

You have never heard me talk about them because I have been fortunate enough to have hardship coverage that takes care of most of it. But, here's the thing: there is the rest of life. There are the supplements, the alternative treatments, food, gas, insurance, and other things that most people don't even think about in their day-to-day lives.

I imagine many hear I don't have medical bills and think I must be doing OK. The problem is that I have no one who pays my bills for me. I have no one who buys my food, or pays for my phone or for my health insurance. I am unmarried, and have no one who can take up that responsibility.

I have also filed for Disability, but as most anyone who knows anything about the process will tell you, it can take a long time - especially when they tell you they never received your paperwork, but only after they told you they had it, and you waited several months for processing before you found out.

There is so much to my situation that cannot be conveyed in every blog entry that I write. People pick up bits and pieces and think they somehow know the whole story. I really wish people would either talk to me and/or read more of this blog to understand what is truly going on.

I try my best to be open about things, despite the fact that I hate it. And that includes being honest about things that could wind up costing me in some way. Somehow there are those who think as open as I am, I am not open enough. If some don't think I need help for medical bills, they're not interested in helping. What they do not realize is all that I mentioned above.

I ask you to please not judge me based on what you think you know, and if you have any questions, please feel free to ask. There are some who would think I am scamming everyone because there are no bills, but there are images and videos and all kinds of things here that I think would tell you otherwise. There are people who would also be willing to vouch for me. Some think I should just make everything readily available to anyone who cares to look. I don't agree. However, I would be willing to show blood work and reports to anyone who would be willing to help me in a significant way.

I am sadly all too legit, and all too real. I, also sadly, am likely just one among too many. For some others there is a significant financial medical crunch on top of everything else. I would have been a lot more verbal and a lot more stressed, had that been me. I don't know how others do it. But on the other hand, they might just have an easier time getting help, due to their medical bills.

This is yet another thing I feel like I cannot seem to win. Why is it that people need to see extreme bad health and/or hardship to feel like they want to make a difference? I kind of get it, but then there are other ways to get what you really need, if you really want to help.

Please keep this in mind whether or not you choose to help me. There may come a time that others that you care about could ask for help for someone. Please be generous in your consideration, even if you can't be generous financially. Odds are there are many people who would appreciate it.

Thanks.

PS If you would consider helping me, there are various ways you can do it. Please check out this page for details on things you could purchase, and a way to donate that is tax deductible. http://anewme515.blogspot.com/2014/03/about-mehow-you-can-help.html

No comments:

Post a Comment