.http://patreon.com/jolope

.http://patreon.com/jolope
http://patreon.com/jolope

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Wigged Out

Previously I had said I was waiting on a custom
wig which I was looking forward to. It was
going to be one that would hopefully be like
what I was used to in my own hair.

I received it last week, and I will be sharing
more about it soon, as well as some pictures.
The work that was done was so stunning, many
people who saw me in it could not believe that
it was a wig!

I also want to say more about the artist behind
it, and give her her due. But I do not want to
do it here and now, as I want her to have her
own spotlight.

I am writing now because I also received several
other wigs recently from a friend for my birthday.
She thought I would appreciate having the diversity,
and also thought it would give a greater life to
the beautiful custom wig.

So, as the title suggests...I am "wigged out."
LOL. The result will mean I can be several
different people during the course of a week.
How exciting! (?)

Most of them are close to my own hair color,
but there are a couple that are blonde.
Most of them also have length. A couple are
realllly long. Most of them have bangs -
probably because bangs make synthetic wigs
look a little less "wiggy." But a couple
don't. Some look a little more wiggy than
others, but none of them, except for one that
I will likely return, would be one that I would
feel any more awkward wearing than I already
feel with the idea of walking into the world
with a wig.

On top of everything else, I have learned that
there is a wig learning curve. There seems to
be something of a science to wearing one. I
look at some videos and they pretty much bow
their head, turn the wig over, and "wallah"
it's on, looking stunning. Well, that isn't
quite my experience.

I have also learned that some synthetic wigs
don't react well to the heat of an oven.
I have also learned to be careful how I do
something if the wig is longer, as it can
fly off the back of my head.

So much fun! Don't you wish you could be
in on it?

In time, I will likely try to post some images.
I will do it for two reasons. The first will
be for me. I took some pictures recently
because I needed the pick me up. I looked
in the mirror and didn't like what I saw.
So I put on make-up, a wig, and took a bunch
of pictures until I got some I liked. I didn't
feel too bad about that, either, as I even
did that before I didn't have hair, LOL.
And then, for the cherry on top, I Photoshopped
it a bit.

It is amazing what a few things can do to
make a difference in how you feel. I kinda
don't like that it was "necessary" for me to
do those things to feel OK about how I looked,
and ultimately how it made a difference to
how I felt.

At the same time, why not?

If it is available, and it makes me feel
better, then why shouldn't I avail myself
of it? When my outside looked better, I
felt better on the inside.

There is a much bigger conversation to be
had about this, and it is one I have thought
about having, but my mind says, "Not now,"
so not now, it is.

In the meantime, I am going to do what I can
to enjoy my new "mes." Hopefully maybe you
can enjoy them with me. If you are someone
who is reading this blog that for some reason
wants to know more about what I write about
for personal reasons, please feel free to
ask/make contact.

I have no idea who is reading/visiting my
blog or why, or why someone may come back
for more. That is one of the reasons I am
really writing more for myself to document
my experience. I don't always remember
the details of things, and lately I am
feel I am remembering even less. In this
way, I will have a record.

But just because it is for me, doesn't mean
it can't be for you, too, so feel free to
speak up, if you feel so inclined!

Later gator.

No comments:

Post a Comment