.http://patreon.com/jolope

.http://patreon.com/jolope
http://patreon.com/jolope

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Finding Comfort

Previously I posted about my thinning
hair.  Turns out it was just about two
weeks ago, and I am not bald yet!

For someone who was losing a lot of
hair at a time, it now barely comes out,
but there is a lot less left.

Despite the encouragement of others to
shave my head, I think I made the right
choice for me.  I think it has given me
the chance to get used to the idea of going
bald. I won't like it when it actually happens,
but it really isn't much of a leap from here.

I took this pic, by the way, as I was adjusting to take a picture
(it was a slip of a finger).   I thought it was kinda funny, so I
just went with it.  In case anyone notices the Santa in the
background...and wonders why it is there in August...it is a
book from my childhood.  It is Twas the Night Before Christmas.

I remember getting the book in first grade, and me and two
others from my class went around school from class to class
to read the book to other students.  It was something I really
enjoyed doing.

That book and a yarn doll that a relative made for me as a
baby are a couple of things that I still have all these years.
I am not sure what it is about them, but there is some comfort
I get from them being around.  Maybe one day I will take a
picture of the doll.  Although I warn you, someone told me
she looks creepy, LOL.

Comfort comes in many different forms, doesn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment