.http://patreon.com/jolope

.http://patreon.com/jolope
http://patreon.com/jolope

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

#303030 Got a Few Minutes? Please Read.


 30 Days. 30 Causes. 30 Dollars. As of today, I have helped 12 people and 12 people with $12. As I thought about what I am doing, I wondered how to find ways to help people help others. So many are in need for so many reasons. How in the world does one choose? How in the world do all the people who need help get found?

I suspect many just don't do anything, tuning everyone who needs help out, and many who have a need are never found. If I had a magic wand, I would so want to be able to help people who need help. I felt this feeling long before I ever had my own significant need, but now that I am dealing with what I am, my heart feels even more strongly about the desire to help. That is part of the reason that I am doing this "project."

As I was thinking about this, I wondered how it would be to have a list that people can add to of known causes/needs. There is probably some really great, super duper way to do it, but I haven't a clue right now what that is, nor do I have the time or energy to invest in it. But. What I do have is a blog. What I do have is a place that there have been nearly 25,000 visits since it began. And I have a voice.

So...

What I propose is this:

If you know of someone who is in need, and you want more people to know about it, I ask you to comment below with a link to their page. Give some information about the person and the need with the link. I ask you to do this so, as the list (hopefully?) grows, people will be able to scan and see if a particular need/cause/person speaks to them without having to go to the site first. If there is a minimum donation, it would be great if you'd add that info, too. Since this is all about $1 making a difference, it would be great if what is listed allows for $1 donations, but it isn't necessary.

Secondly...

If you are here I am going to make it mean something. I am going to make it mean that you were brought here to make a difference for someone. I am going to ask you to RIGHT THIS VERY MOMENT to find a person or a cause to give at least $1 to. Maybe it will be that person you saw asking for help this morning, maybe it will be someone in the list that develops below, maybe it will be me. It doesn't matter who, as long as it is someone.

If you don't do it this second, odds are great you won't. You may think it is no big deal if you don't. You may think $1 is no big deal, but I guarantee you that the odds of what you invest to make that $1 donation happen will likely mean the world to someone.

Third...

Let others know what you did. Not to brag. Not to get notice in some way. But to get others thinking. It what might seem to be a self-serving request, you could even include a link to this page to let others know what inspired you. It would seem to me that it could indeed be helpful to me, but I'd like to think you could see how it could be helpful to so many others that you would focus on that more. Having said that, I don't really care if you do, or not. But what I do care about is people TAKING ACTION. I have seen way too much talk and cheerleading. They serve a purpose, please don't get me wrong. But so does ACTION, and people asking for support need more than just words.

I would love to see comments below of donations that were made. There is this "wonderful" thing called "Social Proof" and I think if others who come here see what is happening, they will be more likely to join in.

Lastly...

I ask that you refrain from doing nothing. If you want to ignore my specific requests, fine, but please consider doing something to let another person know that they matter today. Call someone, tell them you love them, care about them, appreciate them. Do something nice for another.

Why?

Because I am asking you to, and because it is all too easy to get caught up in life and miss important opportunities like this. If you are here - there is a reason you are reading this. Please do not leave this page without taking a few minutes to take an action that makes a difference for another. Don't know what to do? Pick someone and ask what would help.

It's up to you what's next. I can't make anyone do anything, although I so wish I could. :P Someone I know used to call me a "Bleeding Heart Liberal" because I thought we should all help each other out. I seriously doubt that makes me one, but they used a label to divert from my deeper desires and intentions. Who doesn't feel good really helping another and making a difference for them? I am fairly certain most people get a really good feeling when they do something to impact another in a positive way. By doing something for another, you'll be doing something for yourself.

How many things can you do for $1 that can have so much good attached to it?

Help me make ripples. Please.

Imagine what an incredible difference it would make in the world if one day each and every person took a dollar and gave it to someone in need. The small things DO matter - sometimes in a big way.

Thanks for dropping by. Sorry if you didn't know what you were getting into clicking on the page, but hopefully it is something you will find leaving you smiling once you've acted.

I will know how many people read this entry. It would really be great to see that many comments, too. (A girl can dream, can't she? Want to dream with me?)


Contact Me (Elizabeth Alraune)
Read My Story
View My Vlogs
About this Blog - Click Here
Read about where things are currently
Would you like to be a guest blogger?

No comments:

Post a Comment