.http://patreon.com/jolope

.http://patreon.com/jolope
http://patreon.com/jolope

Thursday, August 15, 2013

A Dream

Last night I dreamt I had to go up a steep incline. It wasn't easy, but I somehow managed, even though the incline was nearly vertical, and pretty smooth, too. I got to the "top" and it was such a relief, I thought the hard part was finally over. I was aghast to discover that to keep going - and get to the other side - meant that I had to go down, hang on to a rope with my arms, and while hanging move to where I needed to go. I watched someone else do it, and she made it seem so easy. I contemplated following suit. But I was terrified. What if I wasn't strong enough? It was a big drop.

I apparently didn't feel strong enough to continue. I turned and walked away. I think (but don't remember for sure) that I was in tears.

I am not sure how far I got, as it is all I remember.

I don't know what this dream means, but it scares me a bit. Do I have bigger obstacles to come? Am I going to be strong enough to face them? Is the dream just exorcising a fear? I could think it might be a good thing, except for the fact that I seemed to be going back the way I came instead of somehow moving forward. I was in such a hurry to get there...but once I was "there," I couldn't seem to go any further. There was a way, though, it just wasn't one that I felt safe to take.

Maybe I went back to find another route. Maybe I went back to ask myself if that is what I really wanted. Maybe I went back to go forward in a different way than the one way that was obvious, and others wanted me to take.

Hm.


Contact Me (Elizabeth Alraune)
Read My Story
View My Vlogs
About this Blog - Click Here
Read about where things are currently
Would you like to be a guest blogger?

No comments:

Post a Comment