.http://patreon.com/jolope

.http://patreon.com/jolope
http://patreon.com/jolope

Monday, July 8, 2013

Have Something to Share?

Today at 4:00 PM Eastern, I will be hosting my radio show World of Perspective Radio. The current show is a reboot of a show I used to have on BlogTalkRadio (BTR). I had done about 40 shows there, and stopped doing it when I had to focus on other things.

Working on the show takes a lot of effort. And when I am not making any money doing it, it had to be back burnered. I started to do it again on W4CY.com because it is more like a radio show. I have a time slot, and there is programming 24 hours a day. My show is played live once a week at the 4:00 time. In addition it replays Fridays at 9:00 PM on W4WN.com (a network for women by women) and W4CS.com (a network about cancer related issues).

(As a side note: If you are interested in having your own show, you can get it at a special rate, if you tell Dean K. Piper that I sent you. I would appreciate you letting him know that you saw this, and that I referred you).

I knew that it would be difficult to do the show again, given everything I have been through. But I needed to try. A very special person funded it (as, unlike BTR, it costs money to have the show). But I am feeling like I am letting him and myself down because I can't be in survival mode and simultaneously do all that I need to do to do the show right. But I am still trying.

What is the show about? Pretty much anything. The underlying common theme has to do with "perspective." I am often talking about perspectives, and how different ones can be empowering to different people. I respect the opinion of others, even if I don't agree. On one of my BTR shows, someone took issue with the word "cougar" that another guest used. It created quite a lively conversation. However, the one thing many listening didn't get was that not everyone sees it as misogynistic (which that person did), and some even consider it a compliment.

I think many arguments can't be "won" because what works for one person doesn't necessarily work for another. Look at our government, and you will see how ineffective disagreement can be. It isn't easy to find ways to work things out in the midst of a dispute, but if we are going to survive in this world, we kind of don't have a choice.

I am now offering people an opportunity to advertise events, classes, blogs and sites on the show. I, of course, reserve the right not to promote something I feel uncomfortable with, however, if what you offer is something that is helpful to people in some way odds are good I will be happy to share. You can contact me through my Facebook Page, or email me at the email address on my contact page.

There are sponsorship opportunities that I am offering, and would love to find individuals and companies who would like to come along for the ride. I will do all that I can to make it worth their while, so if you know of anyone, please refer them to me to discuss possibilites/details. I will even be happy to give you a "thank you" payment.

I am also trying to create the show format. It has varied a bit from week to week. One thing that has been constant is a 60-second piece from Christina Aldan of ThisLuckyGirl.com. It has been really cool to have her segment, and I would love to add 2 more. It is one type of a sponsorship/ad opportunity. If you are interested, but unable to record it, I could create it in conjunction with you, or you could just plan to call in and do it live. There are all kinds of ways we could creatively make it happen.

Is this all about me "selling?" Funny how things like this are viewed. I get it. There is overload in that regard. The thing is, though, that I don't want someone to be a part of the show if they are just "purely" advertising. Yes, there can be some of that, but I am interested in something that goes deeper. That is why I am happy to have guests, but always tell them I do not want it to be a commercial when they visit. They can promote themselves, but I just don't want it to be in someone's face, and I hate sales pitches. My perspective is that what I am looking to create while similar to sales in approach on the surface at the core is a true exchange of efforts/energies.

The Facebook page for World of Perspective Radio is here. If what I am doing sounds interesting, come and join me and the building community. If you are around and available, come and listen today at 4:00 PM Eastern. WorldofPerspectiveRadio.com


Contact Me (Elizabeth Alraune)
Read My Story
View My Vlogs
About this Blog - Click Here
Read about where things are currently
Would you like to be a guest blogger?

2 comments:

  1. Hello, I am with MommiesPOV.com and I would love to chat with you about having my blog on your show Please. If you would email me and let me know the cost I would appreciate it. Thanks, tminfo2012@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your radio show. I am sure it is going to help a lot of people. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete