.http://patreon.com/jolope

.http://patreon.com/jolope
http://patreon.com/jolope

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Thinking of Helping Me? Please Read This.

Hello.  I am writing this particular blog to anyone
who might be considering helping me out.

You and I may not know each other.  

You may even think I am making things up.

Sadly there are stories I have heard of people
who have taken advantage of the kindness of
others by saying they had some illness.

I get it.  

The fact is my situation is all too real, and I have
taken efforts to show you who I am, and stripped
away any privacy I may have so that you can 
get a sense of who I am, and hopefully legitimize
myself and my circumstances.

If you are inclined to consider my "case" at all,
I ask you to spend some time with "me," via
the blog, and see how you feel.  I am even open
to speaking with you, and if you want to make
contact, I would be happy to tell you how we
could connect.

I truly believe if you get a sense of who I am,
you will know that what I say is true - whether
you choose to help me financially, or not.  And
if it happens that you are in a position to help
and have a willingness to do so, there really are
no words to express my gratitude for what you
are about to do.

I have been where you are, and I can't always
say that I have done anything to help.  Although 
I have often thought that the little can add up.
I even started a blog/site with the premise that 
we are able to help another, even in seemingly
small ways.

I want you to know that I value you and your
contribution, and would never take it lightly.
If you are unable to help financially, there are
other ways you can help - one of which is to 
share my story, my blog, my GoFundMe page
with others.   And that is just a start.

In the US there is much discussion about 
healthcare and its costs.  There are many people
who say that those who are in need will be 
helped by others.  Well.  There are many others
who need help, and it would be easy to see how
there could be fatigue around the requests, as 
well as a sense of helplessness.  Does a $1.00
really make a difference?

I get that, too.

At the same time, I am in circumstances that are
beyond difficult, and while you may have the 
choice as to whether or not you want to give,
I am not really in a position not to ask.

I have worked for myself for years, and do not
have a job to go to.  I do not get disability.  I do
not get anything from the government.  I have 
looked into organizations that could help, and 
often find that I do not have the "right" kind of
cancer to get the help they may offer.

My choices and resources are limited.

I am managing to survive, but there are bills 
looming, and my bank account is mostly going 
in one direction, and it isn't one
that helps me sleep easily at night.

Believe me when I say I would not ask for help
if I did not need to.  It really is difficult for me.

There are other things that go into this equation
as well.  Part of it is that I really wish to feel 
helpful.  Being treated for cancer makes a lot 
difficult for me, but I find moments in which 
I can almost feel like myself.

I want to be able to do things, and there are a 
number of things that I am capable of.  For that
reason, and because I am a great believer in 
situations that make a difference for all parties
concerned, I am more than happy to talk to you
about what I am capable of, and see what I 
might be able to do for you, or someone you
know.  

Maybe it is in exchange for your time or a 
donation, or maybe you can just pay me. 
Either way it would be helpful in terms of 
getting me through.

I have wondered what words I can say.  I have
wondered what way to order those words.  

What it comes down to is I need help.  If it
comes from you, thank you and great.  If it
doesn't, I still thank you for taking the time
to read this, and perhaps considering what you
could do for someone in need because until 
you do need help like I do, you really don't
know how amazing it is to receive support 
from others - even when it is difficult to ask.
And it is difficult to even grasp how impossible
a situation it can be for another when not 
intimately affected or involved.

I would like to believe something will come
of this, and I am hoping that I will be able to
one day figure out a way to help those who 
could be in a situation like mine, but I have
to get to other side of my own circumstances
first.   There is no greater teacher of what is 
needed (and what is possible?) than the 
circumstances of life.  

With that, I will just say, "thank you" for 
spending some of your precious time with me.

Feel free to reach out, if you feel inclined.  
Good people are 
welcome in my 
life any time.

All the best to you.








Please consider reading this blog entry, as well.
Thanks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment