.http://patreon.com/jolope

.http://patreon.com/jolope
http://patreon.com/jolope

Saturday, September 21, 2013

Day 14: #303030 Kristina Kleczko



 30 Days. 30 Causes. 30 Dollars. Today I have chosen someone who has come to my attention through her Facebook postings.

Kristina is coping with Stage IV cancer, and is asking for help for non-conventional methods given that the conventional ones don't seem to offer any hope at this time.  (You can also Paypal her at KristinaKleczko at yahoo.com). I hadn't intended to help her. I didn't even know she needed help. I had contacted her because I wanted her permission to share the comments she made in relation to this video:



  • Kristina Kleczko That last commentary put me over the edge. What she said was most eloquent, precise, it was true. So much is said about cancer, but how she put her thoughts into words was so exactly what it is. And, that's so hard for those on the outside to get it most of the time, even family, who can say they know, but they don't always know. You have to be so real about it, nobody hardly wants to go there, so most people never get it. The ones who do are one in a thousand for us struggling, who feel alone. Being family, or friend, does not automatically put one 'in the know' there's work involved, deep pain and honesty. It's really hard. This dance piece was very, very touching.
    14 hours ago · Like · 1

  • Kristina Kleczko Nobody will ask me that [questions about her experience, and how she feels about things]. No one. Everybody only tells me how great I look and how I am not sick and that I am going to be fine. I feel all they want to hear is me telling them how well I am doing, how great I feel. Nobody wants to know what the mental reality of stage IV cancer is like. The daily thoughts of suffering, fear and early death while my fight continues and everything I want to be doing with my life is on hold. No job, no more animals, no traveling. For what? To continue in limbo until I get too sick to be able to do those things permanently? Only now if I were to do those things I would be "throwing my chance to get better away"


  • Kristina Kleczko Thank you, I know you [another poster] understand, but most people do not, that includes everybody in my immediate circle of family and friends. Most people forget that their lives go on, while ours are always in doubt. I don't plan on being old, or having children, or finding love again. Having my dream job is something I still want to do, but what, at the cost of my life? That's the reality that people just don't get. They see a healthy person standing in front of them. Yes, I look normal because this is my JOB. It takes all of my energy, thoughts and time. I can't go off to travel, or work, or anything really. This is a sentence of a life in a way. Work at being stable but not out there doing what I really want to be doing. I'm a dog chasing her tail it feels like. And then theres the cancer itself, the physical problems with treatments and money it costs. It's endless. I'm sorry, that dance really put me over the edge. I'm so depressed now, I just had to look IT in the face again. You know how you trick yourself into living a normal existence for awhile until you remember, you wake up from your beautiful dream into a living nightmare.



Her blog is heartofacat.blogspot.com.

So much of what she shared I believe will resonate for anyone who is dealing with cancer. I even said some similar things yesterday in a video. I am glad to see people sharing what they do. The more who do, the better.

We exchanged messages for a little while last night, and I found out more about her so I could share. I also found out she is doing a fundraiser in October and wants to help others who may have needs like we do (info to come). Western medicine only helps you with medicine, and yet other things can help. But they cost money. Money that most who are dealing with what we are dealing with don't have.

If you can help with even "just" $1, I am sure she will welcome it.

The rest of this entry is a repeat from a previous one. It is info I definitely think worthy of repetition. I will also likely be making a video of this content as yesterday I decided that I wanted to make videos talking about the stuff that people don't talk about. I have no idea if anyone will listen or pay attention, but I have to try. There are too many people who need help, and there are too few in a position to help that are listening and/or paying attention.

Thanks for coming by.

**

If you don't know me, you may not know that I am really in no position to be spending my money on others. I am running out myself after having dealt with cancer since last May. I began this #303030 as a way of living into the idea that each and every $1 matters. I have often said it, but up until this past year, I was not likely to be one to help another, even with a $1. It wasn't that I didn't want to, but often I would be concerned how I would look (cheap?), or think that somehow the recipient might think that it didn't mean anything, or I would intend to do it later, which never came.

I decided to change that. I had to change it. So often I will see those in great need echo my words. They, too, know the value of the little things adding up. It is those who have never had that great need who would likely question the value of what would seem a minor contribution.

It really does mean something to someone who really is struggling. I guarantee it. Not sure if they are legit, or not? It is a valid question. At the same time, if it is "only" $1 to you, then does it really matter if they're not?

I keep telling people to feel free to reference me if they are looking to raise funds. I really don't mind. Part of my reason for doing this is to show people that if I can do it, they can, too. Even if it was one person, $1, over 12 months, it is making a difference in 12 people's lives in ways you could only possibly imagine.

I really do wonder in the super-sized world we live in if we think small enough often enough.

**

Want to take my idea a step further? Share this concept with others. Imagine what an incredible difference it would make in the world if one day each and every person took a dollar and gave it to someone in need. The thought, quite frankly, blows my mind. In the best possible way of course. I wonder if there would be some way to start that movement. Anyone got any ideas?

Even if not, the $1 you contribute still does matter.


Contact Me (Elizabeth Alraune)
Read My Story
View My Vlogs
About this Blog - Click Here
Read about where things are currently
Would you like to be a guest blogger?

No comments:

Post a Comment