.http://patreon.com/jolope

.http://patreon.com/jolope
http://patreon.com/jolope

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Hard to Know What to Root For

For a long time we knew that changes in medical insurance were coming. One thing we were told was that we could keep what we had. Another made it sound like rates would be going up. That piece, along with the fact that I am already paying almost $700 per month for my insurance, does more than a bit unnerve me. Another significant point of concern has also been where I will be treated. It is important to me that I am able to continue to be treated by the same facility. I would not want to risk losing that.

One thing that was good about it was that people like me would be protected. I would never run the risk of losing my insurance, and I would always be able to have insurance of some kind. The few times I went online to look up information on how it would work, I found nothing that was helpful, even in the slightest way. Add to the fact that many spell the plan as D-O-O-M for our economy, I have had very mixed emotions about it.

The subject is a powder keg.

Well yesterday news started to come out about it. That, coupled with the hint of changes I got from my insurance company, still leaves me with questions. The good news looks like I will be paying significantly (dare I hope?) less for my insurance as my insurance has been through one of the most states with the highest premiums. A look at the map I saw showed a handful of states that indicated premiums would likely be going down.

The bigger concern for me is how I am going to be able to insure treatment with my doctors, and also how the plan will be configured. I have zero income at the moment, so I cannot afford to have to pay for medical expenses. I also don't know if I will be able to continue to have insurance out of NY, or if it will need to change to MD, and if it changes to MD, what if I wind up back in NY? There are still a number of questions that have yet to be answered.

I still don't know what to root for, but I will just have to hope for the best.

Fingers, toes and eyes crossed.

Contact Me (Elizabeth Alraune)
Read My Story
View My Vlogs
About this Blog - Click Here
Read about where things are currently

No comments:

Post a Comment