.http://patreon.com/jolope

.http://patreon.com/jolope
http://patreon.com/jolope

Sunday, September 22, 2013

It Makes Me Wonder

I was amazed when I found out the nuclear energy is "green" energy. I understand why they say it. At the same time, if something goes wrong, there is nothing less green. Some say our energy needs are so great we have no choice. It makes me wonder what it would be like if we just collectively said (and did what we say), "we have just this much energy...let's make it work...let's raise thermostats in the summer, lower them in the winter...let's take shorter showers...let's turn lights off that we don't use..." There was a world of people that survived without the things that made us spoiled, and there is a world of people who continue to survive without things we consider necessities. Makes me wonder if we are just spoiled children with "Iwantitis," and because I want it, I should not only be able to demand having it, but I should be able to get it. Is the cost really worth it? And yes, I am typing this on an electrically charged device, but I am in the dark doing it, with the thermostat set at 78. And I could still do better; I am sure. It just makes me wonder.

Contact Me (Elizabeth Alraune)
Read My Story
View My Vlogs
About this Blog - Click Here
Read about where things are currently
Would you like to be a guest blogger?

2 comments:

  1. Almost thirty years ago I made a conscious decision about every energy using device in my life. My husband and I were building a cabin in rural Arkansas. We quickly found we couldn't afford solar power (expensive in those days). Should we have electricity? running water? propane? Should we have a refrigerator, a stove, a dryer? Should we heat with wood? What we quickly found out is that any use of energy has consequences - wood smoke pollutes, and now we also know that wind turbines kill birds. I think we have to use energy consciously - doesn't mean we have to sacrifice everything, but some of our technology does serve a good purpose - and others do not. Thoughtful post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't see anything with the capacity to wipe out mankind as "green" energy. I have to agree with you there, but in the same token, I must admit I would be lost without the Internet, keyboards, and my iPad. :)

    ReplyDelete