.http://patreon.com/jolope

.http://patreon.com/jolope
http://patreon.com/jolope

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Clarification

Recently someone commented about how I am alone
throughout what is going on, and I wanted to clarify
my situation.

I am not close with my family.  However, the family
I do have is being as supportive as they might be.
One sister has gone out of her way to try to be there
for me when I had my surgery, and was with me when
I had chemo yesterday.  In some ways, she has been
even a bit too helpful!

I have never been one to have a lot of friends, and
those that I do are scattered all over the place which
makes it all too easy to fall out of touch.  I have
reconnected with several of them during this time,
but at a distance, there is only so much anyone can do.

The ways that I am alone is in that I have to deal with
all of the details of all that needs to be addressed in
the process of coping with this illness, and that
included being mostly alone while repairing from
surgery.  In many ways, it is a full time job.

The other way I am alone - and this one is quite
HUGE - is financially. While friends and family
are being supportive, it isn't in any way financial.
I also am not married, so I do not have any one
person to lean on for support financially.

For these reasons, I HAD to reach out the way that I did.
I really didn't have a choice.  If I was to run out of money,
I wouldn't be able to take care of bills, or myself, or be
able to buy good food/eat.  It wouldn't be a good
place to be.

In the last two days I have spent over $200 on necessities
- which include important supplements.  My health insurance
is $560 per month.  I need more money to help me live in
the next 6 months, and hope that in some way I will find a
way to be able to.  If I am able to work, all the better...but
only time will tell on that.

I hope that this helps to clarify my situation.  I would never
want to in any way be misleading about what is going on.
If kind people find it in their heart to help me, I want them
to know exactly what is going on so there is never any question
or perceived deception.  

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask!





No comments:

Post a Comment