.http://patreon.com/jolope

.http://patreon.com/jolope
http://patreon.com/jolope

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Focus

I saw a quote that said something to the effect
that we should focus on what is going right -
especially when we think things aren't going
in that direction.

It made me think about how things are going
for me.  For months now I haven't been able
to eat without discomfort.  Prior to my surgery
I was on something of an unintentional
starvation diet because I couldn't eat much at
all without pain.  Then, after my surgery, I
spent 17 days in the hospital while my body
tried to figure out how it could again allow
food to enter and leave my body the way
food is "supposed" to enter and leave one's
body.

During the course of all of these events, my
digestive system not only got a shock, but I
suspect in the process of losing the weight
that I did, and my ability to eat being minimal,
that my stomach probably shrank.

As a result, it has been difficult for me to eat
without discomfort for quite some time.

In the last few days I have noticed that it seems
to be getting better.  I wouldn't say all was back
to "normal," but it would seem that something
has happened that seems to be allowing me
greater ease around eating.

It is a wonderful feeling.

It seems important to me to not only note this
improvement, but to also mention that I have
been listening to a healing cd by another
hypnotist.  How much that has to do with
things, I can't say for certain.  However, I am
more than willing to consider that it has
contributed.

I am a great believer in hypnosis, and what it
can do.  For that reason, I am not only proceeding
with things like Acupuncture and Reiki and other
types of alternative treatments, I am including
hypnosis.  I have made a couple of recordings
for me to listen to, and have had a friend help to
supercharge the suggestions.

I wasn't really gung-ho on doing "self-surgery,"
however I wasn't able to find a hypnotist to
work with, so I went with what I had.  Some
believe we know all we know to help ourselves,
and some believe we can use some help at times.

Where exactly "my" answer lies, I am not sure,
but I am certainly hoping that all that I am doing
is what is the best course for myself.  While the
journey hasn't been smooth sailing so far, I
don't know that there is any way to quantify the
difference my work has done to in any way
minimize what could have been.

In time I will have a better sense of things, and
will likely share them with you.  In the meantime,
I am thankful for the fact that I can eat, and that
I even gained a couple of pounds!  (I had lost
5ish pounds right after the chemo, which they
do not want you to do, so I have been working
on putting them back.  If you know me, it is
kinda funny and ironic that I would not only be
looking to put weight ON, but would be excited
about it).


So here's to the things that are working.
Woo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment