.http://patreon.com/jolope

.http://patreon.com/jolope
http://patreon.com/jolope

Friday, September 21, 2012

Drawing Conclusions

When I was a kid, I used to draw a lot.
An aunt of mine got me a kit to learn
to draw some pictures with various
charcoals.  I could draw almost anything
I saw - except people.

I imagine the reason I couldn't do people
was because it probably needed to be too
perfect.  I suspect the "imperfections"in
inanimate objects are less noticeable, or
at least more tolerable.

I have been wanting to draw more and
more and am finding myself trying to
find things to do.  I have never been
good with coming up with things in
my head.



There are a few things that I will be sharing soon that were inspired by things that I
have seen.  The above image is one of them.  I saw a picture of a tree on Facebook,
and I thought it would be interesting to see if I could draw it.  The thing was that I
didn't have the patience to recreate it, exactly.  I wasn't even sure how to, given
some of the detail.    But what I did was take the essence and the idea of it, and
created what you now see.  Basically I used it as an idea, and then I winged it.

I think life is probably very much like that, except that we often want to get things
just right.  If I had patience, I might have tried to replicate it exactly, but then instead
of moving on to something else, and sharing this with you, I would still be working
on it.  I guess there would be nothing wrong with that, but while it might give me
something in one way, it might limit me in others.

It would seem that is the epitome of the life we live.  Some choices expand us.
Some choices limit us.  I just wish which one it was was as obvious as this drawing
example.  Although, quite frankly, I didn't sit there and think about these things
before I did it, I just did it - which is likely how most of us live life.  We just do
things and live with the results.

I think we may do things automatically a certain way because it works for us for
it to be that way.  Our unconscious thinks so, any way.  I am not sure what to do
with this info at the moment.  My head hurts, and I am tired.  I guess I will have
to leave the finer detail for another time.

Kinda ironic, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment