.http://patreon.com/jolope

.http://patreon.com/jolope
http://patreon.com/jolope

Saturday, September 8, 2012

The Winding Road

I haven't been in the best place emotionally recently.
I have been crying a lot.  I have to wonder if that
might be a good thing.  I didn't cry much for a few
years...and I wonder if it might have been because
I was numb.  It could be there was nothing to cry 
over, but I think I was just on autopilot.

Heading toward my chemo appointment this last
time, I missed my exit.  I think I wasn't in the best
state of mind, given all that has been going on.
If I had left later, I would have missed my train,
and have been late for my appointment.  Sounds
like some unconscious sabotage to me.

One of my Facebook friends was concerned for
me after seeing my last video.  He was concerned
that I might be feeling alone.  Previously someone
else had commented about me being alone.  I was
quick to clarify my circumstances because I did
not want anyone to feel like I am misrepresenting
myself or my situation.

Having said that...

If one would look at my situation objectively, they
would see that there are people that I can talk to.
They would see that if I wanted to have company
with my treatments, I likely could.  They wouldn't
see an army of people around me, though.  And
they would not be able to miss the fact that most
of those I communicate with are not local.  They
would also see some of those that I know keeping
their distance. 

In addition, they would see that one of the biggest 
ways that people could help me would be to help 
ease my financial worries and concerns, either by 
contributing themselves, or sharing my situation 
and request with others.

They also couldn't help but notice my discomfort
asking for that help, and how that might be limiting
what would be possible.

They would see me going through the days in
a myriad of ways, depending on what was going
on, and how I felt.  They would see me not leaving
home for several days sometimes because of
what my body's demands are.

They might see me actively engaged and speaking 
with someone about anything, other than what is 
going on with me, or ignoring the phone because 
a conversation would take too much effort, or the 
bathroom is calling one too many times, or I 
am asleep.

They would know that I spend time asking 
myself questions like how best to get through 
this and what can I be doing and also what do
I do about what comes next, and they would
know how disconcerted I am by the fact that
what comes next is something I haven't a clue 
about - which is bad enough by itself.  But
then they would know that it is tied in my mind
to the fear of running out of money, and not
only not knowing what to do, but wondering
what I am capable of doing.

It would be at that point they would see that
while there are people around, and people I 
can talk to, and that in the sense of connection,
I was not alone, I could not feel more alone in
how to deal with the big picture and my fears.

They would see me struggle with the concepts
that are bantered about, and the platitudes
shared, and even with my own history, when
doing the best I can to do what I can, and
live from moment to moment, while wondering
if anyone really has got a clue how freakin'
scary this is, and how scared I am.

They would also notice the voice in the back 
of my head that questions being honest about
my circumstances.  In cases where I tell the
doctors the truth, they want to order tests,
and I can't help but wonder how many truly
are necessary, and how many I have been
scared into as a result.  They would notice
that the truth spoken to those I know leaves
some feeling helpless, or with a strong desire
to say the right thing, and or fix things, 
which at times, depending on my mood and
situation annoys the sh*t out of me.  

Of course, that is the kind of honesty that would
be hard to share, as I know people only want
to help.  I know they have the best of intentions,
and I don't want to stop them from feeling
able to talk to talk to me.  At the same time,
it might seem that people already have a 
difficult time, as I can't talk about my weekend
plans, or plans for vacation, or other "normal"
things.

They would see how happy it makes me to be
able to make a difference for another, like 
the time I shared a contact name for someone
in need.  It was something that might seem
small and insignificant to some, and it may
not net any result, but the fact that I could
do it lit me up.

This observer would see how starved I was to
make connections for people and to help them
in whatever way I could.  They would see me
asking myself over and over what I could be
doing to make that happen.  

Then the observer would see me get inspired,
and make a posting that read:

so...I have been thinking about how much I love connecting people with other people and information.  I cannot tell you how much it lights me up when I am able to do that.  It doesn't always work out, but sometimes the net effect is even better than might be hoped for.  I have considered ideas over time to try to help others, but nothing has gelled.

Given my current situation, I am desperate to make something happen.  DESPERATE.

For that reason, I want to ask you to let me try to help you with something you might need.  You might need some info, a contact, a contractor, a job, some peace of mind...the list of course is endless.  We all need something.  

I may not have a clue if anyone I know can help...but it could be worth a shot, right?  

Some people want to help me, but don't know how.  This might be an option.  It will speak to my heart, and make me feel useful.  You can tell others to ask me, too...I have no idea what will happen, but quite frankly, if it blows up in my face, it will bring some much needed excitement to my life.  I have the best of intentions...so hopefully it will flow through...regardless of the ultimate outcome.

So...will you help me, please?  Post your info/need as a comment below, or feel free to private message me.  it doesn't matter where in the world you are...you never know who knows what and who.

Thanks.

I invite you to take part.  We all need something
at various times.  Things.  Big and small.  This 
is a great way to help me, and better yet,
yourself.  You got nothing to lose, and the
perfect possibility to gain.  Feel free to comment
below with what you need, or on Fb, or private
message me. 

And...please tell others!

Any time is a time for collaborative effort.
Now, more than ever.

A few years ago, I started a blog called

I would like - LOVE - to reignite it.
Maybe you have something you
would like to add there.  Take a
look, and let me know.

Let's be in touch!

No comments:

Post a Comment