.http://patreon.com/jolope

.http://patreon.com/jolope
http://patreon.com/jolope

Friday, March 22, 2013

Drama Queen? (Video)

I was speaking with someone today that I haven't spoken to much over the last several months. I was telling her about how I have been making videos of me without make-up or hair and in some cases crying. Her reaction wasn't one that was initially supportive. She asked me why I needed to be such a "drama queen."

I explained to her that people were finding my videos in some way helpful, inspiring, and other "good" things. I also explained that it wasn't really for anyone else but me, but if others benefitted, then I was more than OK with it.

I have no idea who all is watching, listening, reading and I have no idea what people think. For all I know some do think of me as a drama queen. Maybe some are bored to tears by me, and maybe others think I am ugly as sin.

You know what? I really don't care.

But even though I don't care, I make it so no one can leave any comments on the videos because I don't need people to be ugly and rude as they sometimes are. I don't need to give them that forum. If anyone wants to comment, they can always comment here. And thankfully no one has been that way here. Maybe the people who find their way to this blog have a different perspective than those who would otherwise be rude or obnoxious. Or maybe people just see the word cancer and figure they can't be rude. Who knows?

But even if they did say something, I might not disagree. Who would look amazing dealing with cancer and its effects? Who would look great crying? Even the most gorgeous actresses without make up look less than stellar. I kinda feel badly for them, though, as the eye of scrutiny and judgment is very much on them.

Why is real so often so harshly judged when real is what most of us are at the end of the day?

Having said that, here is my latest "drama queen" moment. :P Warning, tears ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment