.http://patreon.com/jolope

.http://patreon.com/jolope
http://patreon.com/jolope

Friday, March 15, 2013

Sexual Stuff (Shhh)

I wrote an article several years ago called Accepting and Embracing Your Sexual Self.  Every now and again I am reminded of it as I talk with someone about (whispered) "sex" (shhh). I find that many people have issues around this topic, and especially with public discussion or awareness or difficulties with images that might be too revealing for one's own taste.


While I can (and do) respect that people's opinions will vary, not everyone can, or will. The result (kind of ironic, really, given my last post), in my opinion, is a society that has difficulty with an aspect of ourselves. Sex is a part of us. And I think that the fact that it is something that so many have difficulty with it that we find even more difficulty with it.

Part of what I wrote was:

as long as humans continue to make judgments about what they think is “wrong”, “right”, “good”, “bad”, there will always be a diversity of opinions on the assessments of another, based on another’s relative experience. For that reason, someone can always find a way to justify their own behavior.

If you would like to read more, please click here. (The link, by the way, is a blog I used to update regularly. As you will see, I got away from posting there. I may go back one day. I am not sure, but this is my main home - at least for now - and I don't intend to go anywhere after all this blog is call "A New Me," not "cancer me.")

No comments:

Post a Comment