.http://patreon.com/jolope

.http://patreon.com/jolope
http://patreon.com/jolope

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Had my 3 month check up

The blood work looks good.

The thing is, though, I am having issues in my back.
I had felt things after the surgery, but things got better.
For the last several months I have had a lot of discomfort
especially when I sit a certain way or on certain types
of chairs.

When I asked about it the last time I was there, I was
told to ask the surgeon. This time I spoke with surgical
staff and was told that they should likely do a CT Scan.

I didn't like the sound of that. Last year I had 3 CT Scans
and 2 Pet Scans. That was more than enough for me. I
don't want to do scans unless it is absolutely necessary.

So the question I had was was it absolutely necessary?

I was told that two possibilities it could be was a tumor
or an abscess. I imagine it could be other things, too,
but of course they weren't going to say much without
knowing.

When I told them that the oncologist wanted a Pet
Scan in 3 months, she told me that they could likely
get what they needed in the way of info then - if I was
still having issues.

An alternative would be to do the Pet Scan early, in
about 6 weeks. It would depend on me. Apparently even
if it was a tumor, my symptoms seem to suggest it could
be growing slowly, so there isn't too much concern regarding
the wait.

If, however, I was to find it worsening, then I could go and
get the CT Scan sooner. So...fingers crossed whatever it is
just goes away on its own. That, of course, is my first desire.

My second one would be that if something has to happen,
it can wait at least 6 weeks.

Provided all goes well after the next Pet, they said they
would talk about removing the port if I wanted it to go.
That is a whole other thing for a whole other time. I
still don't know what I want/think is best regarding that.

I am really tired. And I have a busy week ahead of me
and my interview with Anna tomorrow at 10 AM. I am
really looking forward to it, and if you are available, I
hope you can listen in.

And with that, I am going to give it my best shot to be in bed
within the next 30 minutes. Wish me luck. As tired as I am,
it would be a great idea. But it so often doesn't happen.

Sweet dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment