.http://patreon.com/jolope

.http://patreon.com/jolope
http://patreon.com/jolope

Monday, March 18, 2013

The Things I Do

Today I was talking with someone on Facebook, and
I was asking about she does. She makes jewelry on
a custom basis. I was asking questions because I was
wondering how I might be able to help her get the
word out, as she does not yet have a site.

At one point she pretty much told me with all that I
have going on, I shouldn't really worry about it. My
response was something to the effect that I couldn't
help myself, it is a part of me that I like - and have
missed.

Chemo did a good job of stripping away parts of me
for a while. And one of those parts was the part of me
that has information on the tip of my tongue, ready to
share when appropriate. It has gradually been coming
back - and I love it. I couldn't be happier about it.

(I may come back and give you her info. I just want
to get her permission first to share in this context.)

And then tonight I was talking to Christina Aldan of
LuckyGirlDesigns.com. She is helping me with a
myriad of things, and at the moment is focused on
creating my WorldofPerspectiveRadio.com website.

We were talking about what I am creating in terms
of marketing and promotion and advertising for the 
show, and she pointed something out to me about
how I do much more than most in regard to promoting
others. It really is natural to me.

But the thing is that I do it so naturally that I don't 
get compensated for it. While I don't seek compensation
as a reason to do it, it does take my time and my energy.
Both of which I have in limited quantities these days.

I had stopped doing my radio show in part because of
all of the work I was doing for it. I just couldn't spend
the amount of time I was spending without being 
compensated in some way.

So now I have to figure out how to do what I need to
do and how to offer other things of value in a way that
people could pay for it.

Some radio hosts will charge people to be a guest on
their show. While I understand why they do it, I am not
personally thrilled with the idea. At the same time, I NEED
to make a living. I am truly running out of money and while
I say it over and over and over, it is because I have to. 

I don't want to.

I want to get to a point where I don't need the help, and 
having a successful business model could help, a lot.
I have also decided that I am going to include a donation
option for guests. If they see value in what I am providing
and doing for them, then I hope that they will consider
helping me to get back on my feet and move forward.

We will see how it goes.

There is so much that I want to do and like to do to help
others, it would be really nice to get some financial
thanks in return.

I can't wait to see what develops.

*FINGERS CROSSED*


No comments:

Post a Comment