.http://patreon.com/jolope

.http://patreon.com/jolope
http://patreon.com/jolope

Sunday, March 3, 2013

I Wanted to Help

Recently I saw a request for help for someone who was dealing with cancer. I wanted to help. I started to donate a $1 (trying to live what I say), when it occurred to me that I might be able to be of greater help.

I reached out to the person asking for the assistance. I suggested that if they wanted to work with me, I would be willing to donate 50% of any sale of an MP3 to him, as long as I knew the purchase was made on his behalf.

I felt funny doing it.

I was concerned it may look self-serving. They also don't know me, so how do they know that working with me would be legit?

I would say these were - and still are - valid concerns.

The fact is, I do benefit from any sales. There is no getting around that. The fact also is that I pay to host my sites and files and will have to deal with any taxes from the sales, as well as be customer service for any concerns. So it seems to me that it would be a pretty good deal, if someone was interested.

How does someone know I am legit, and that I will do what I say? They really don't. At the same time, I have a reputation to uphold and maintain. And the only way they're going to find out if I am legit is to take a chance.

Having said that, I am more than willing to explore this possibility with anyone who may be in need. It doesn't have to be cancer related. However I would very much like for it to be legit, so I may ask for something to verify the circumstances. Just like you can ask things of me.

I am also willing to discuss this possibility with any organizations who are looking to raise funds. Ultimately I would love to create a non-profit and be more organized, but I am soooo not there - yet.

So...

If you see this, and you think that my recording page could help you raise some funds, please reach out, and let's talk about it. It really sucks when you need money and need to find ways to raise it. If I can help, let's do it!

And...if you are someone who has a recording that you might consider sharing as well for this type of purpose, and it is one that could be of benefit to others, let's talk too. Perhaps we can work something out, too.

Contact me

No comments:

Post a Comment