.http://patreon.com/jolope

.http://patreon.com/jolope
http://patreon.com/jolope

Sunday, October 13, 2013

I Can Tell...

This trip is going to be a bumpy ride. I don't necessarily mean it in a bad way. It is just that things haven been one way, then another, and yet another still. I know better to know to set anything in stone. But it sure is sand-like.

Last evening I got an offer to go down to Savanaah with someone. A part of me feels a bit mixed, only in that there is something about this trip that feels like I am meant to be on my own. I know that concerns and scares a few people, and I am not without a bit of concern myself. But it is something like when I drove from California a couple of years ago. Several people thought I was nuts to consider doing it by myself.

But it just felt right.

I have the same feeling now, in regard to this trip. It just feels right. What will be wonderful about the offer is that it will take me a number of places I have not been, one of which is Savanaah. Although, a part of me wonders if I was there a long time ago, and have just forgotten. I also will be in the company of an incredible woman. (My inclination is always to name people, but I know so many rather I didn't...so I will name her at some point, provided I have her permission). It also turns out that my original first stop may not be possible now. So things may be falling into place the way they are supposed to. My first stop was north of here and was sending me in a different direction than I would have chosen, had it not been for the offer.

I also may have an airfare solution. I don't know yet. I will be checking on something tomorrow. It is another thing I have a bit of mixed feeling on...but if it works, I think I am going to go with it. I'll share more when I know.

Today the friend I live with is going to pick up the cards I had printed for the trip. I should probably go myself. It is just that I have so much else to do, if he is willing, I am appreciative.

There are times in our lives when we want something, but we get something else, but the essence of what we want is accomplished. I am beginning to wonder how much of this trip is going to be that. Part of having it happen is being flexible and open and dancing with what comes. My initial reaction to Savanaah was that it wouldn't/couldn't work. Well, now I may have found a way that it can, and there is a part of me that says this may just be the beginning of an incredible trip.

I kinda knew it before. That is why I wanted to take the trip in the first place. But it is kind of like walking into a darkened room. You don't know what is there until you bump into it.

Feeling quite grateful today. Still a bit anxious about everything, but I keep trying to tell myself that there will be an outcome in a month no matter what I think now. What does it matter if I think really good things now? What does it matter if I live in the moment, and embrace what is? What does it matter if I veer off what may seem to be my course? I certainly am not interested in the course it seems my body may have been taking, but that doesn't mean that it has to be a certain way. Doctors are often without answers and dumbfounded by outcomes. If they really knew things, we'd all be extremely healthy and fixable in all regards. There is much that is unknown. And I am about to step into it in a HUGE way.

If you can help make this trip a reality, or in any way want to contribute, please click the black and white banner at the top of the page, and you can see more info about the trip or find a few ways to contribute/donate. Even $1 helps, really. It adds up.

Thank you for your love and support.



Contact Me (Elizabeth Alraune)
Read My Story
View My Vlogs
About this (relate to cancer) Blog - Click Here
Read about where things are currently
Would you like to be a guest blogger?

1 comment: