.http://patreon.com/jolope

.http://patreon.com/jolope
http://patreon.com/jolope

Saturday, October 19, 2013

Processing

It is too early to be up. I went to bed around 1:00. I was tired, but I wanted to get a few things done.

It has been an incredible trip so far. It is hard to know where to begin. I have been taking pictures, at times getting a bit carried away. I am going to have to manage that has been annoyingly frustrating, as I have limited phone memory. However, my creative side is relishing the opportunity.

**

It was around 7:00 this morning when I began this entry. It is now almost 1:00. Ellen Koronet and I have parted ways. She took me to get my rental, and then she was off to do what she had to do. It has been so awesome the last couple of days. She took such incredibly good care of me. I did not have to worry about a thing. Not where to stay. Not food. Not anything. 

As a matter of fact, leaving things up to her was rewarding more than once. 

We even talked about how sometimes when you are so adamant about wanting something, you can miss out on other things. I like leaving things up to the other person at times because it expands my horizons. I learn something, am exposed to something new.

I had no idea what to expect on the first part of the trip. It was an area I had never been in, so I was quite content to follow her lead. I didn't realize, though, just how amazing it would be after eveything I had been through - especially recently. I realized it as it began to sink in that I have to know where I am and am going now. I realized it as I have to start thinking about how to manage the trip. I realized it as I thought about how convenient it was to be a passenger in a car, vs the driver. I could do other things which I will no longer be able to do - until later. And taking pictures while driving will not really be possible. 

I am sitting in a town near the airport, near Savanaah. I thought is was Savanaah. But it is not. Last night we went into Savanaah. It is beautiful. I love the history. It's the first established city in Georgia, from what I was told. There is a city within a city, as there is a thriving community down on the water that can't be seen from the street. If you didn't know it was there, you'd likely miss it.

It was a beautiful night. A bit warm and humid, and by the end, I was tired.  But I kept thinking that it was great that we were doing it, as I wasn't sure  if I wanted to contend with driving into the city. I have thought it might be nice to drive around a bit, maybe find a park. I  am not sure about the hustle of the city. A part of me kind of saw a big stop sign last night. Everything takes energy. Driving into an unfamiliar city might be more energy than I want to expend.

So today I picked up the car. It is an awesome one, too. I forget what it is, but odds are I will get pictures up at some point, so you'll see. I am already loving driving it. The rental place thought a convertible would be great. And it probably would have been. But it also would have been about $500 more. That is at least 5 nights or more of places to stay. There is no way I could justify it,  especially since I have not yet raised enough money to take this trip. (Want to help? Click the banner above, and the link will take you a page that will tell you how to).

I so enjoyed the 3 who were at the mostly quiet counter when I got there. It was awesome that we got a chance to talk as much as we did. I am so thankful for the opportunities to connect. I got a picture with them, too...that I will post soon. I am going to try my best to stay on top of it. I don't want it to seem like work, but I also do not want to get an overwhelming backlog, especially. since I am unclear about my management of the images.

If you don't know it  yet, I have been posting images on my Facebook page, Facebook.com/Relatingtocancer and have been putting up videos on my YouTube channel GotStressGetRelief.com. The most recent one is of Ellen talking about cards she created. She has offered me a percentage of any sales from the cards that I initiate, so if you are interested and tell her that you found her and them through me, you can help me. I am so appreciative of her offer. I am also travelling with a few of her decks and some of Sherri Robbins CDs. I gotz me some goodies to share.

***

At the moment I am sitting in my hotel room. I should probably have found a place to sit and write outside. But I was tired. Right before I began to write, I was finishing up repacking, although I still have a bit to go. I packed so that I can fly home with only carry on. But that was a bit tricky to do. There are things I will ship home, and there are things I will use up, and there are things I won't use now, but later (like warmer clothes). I am using paper bags to sort my things. I am working on a system. One bad is laundry. One bag is more summer clothing. Another mid-range. Another colder weather. Another pants and skirts. Another shoes. Another food. Plus I have a cooler. Then there are the bags I will take into the places I sleep for the night. Basically the car trunk will be like a closet. 

It will be really interesting to see how this goes. Maybe I will take a picture at some point, if not for you, perhaps for my own sake and memory. I think I did pretty good planning. Guess time will tell if I am right.

***

I so wanted to write more about the people I have been meeting before it gets too far into the  trip. I know I am already forgetting things. I  know I don't "have" to do it on one level. But on another level, it feels like an important part of this trip.

I would really appreciate it if you would please share about my blog, videos, images, journey. I am already discovering how important this conversation is. I knew it was, however I am getting continuing confirmation, and it is brilliant. I have been handing out my ovarian cancer info cards and trip cards along the way. I have lots to give, so let us see how many  opportunities present themselves.

For as much as I have written here, I still have so much more I want to say...so I will be back. For now I think I will try to figure out how I am going to manage the images and finish the last bit of packing and organizing. At some point I should probably consider lunch or even dinner. Until then I have some snack mix to enjoy (raisins, cashews, pine nuts, brazil nuts, mini chocolate chips, almonds). I am also debating about a nap, given how restless I was last night  and how early I woke up this morning.

I am a busy lady :P

I knew as a child I would never bored. There would always  be something that could be done, something that would draw my attention. I guess that is what happens when you are a curious person. Ellen called me a Nomad. I don't know if that is me, exactly, but I do like to travel, and there is something about travel that is quite nourishing to me.

25 more days to go. I have no doubt it will be an amazing time. it already has been.  


No comments:

Post a Comment