.http://patreon.com/jolope

.http://patreon.com/jolope
http://patreon.com/jolope

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Meeting the Humans (Video)

It is only 6:30, and I am struggling. I had an energy session yesterday that I think is affecting me. The last time I had one with this person, the first day after was like this, the second day I felt the best I had in a while. Hopeful for a good tomorrow. My list of things is very long of things to do before I leave. It is now looking like Thursday. Today also did not raise any more money. I have just about enough to get on the road, and after that, I don't know what will happen. I am already considering sleeping in the car. I am not sure I like that idea, but it will save me a significant amount of money if I find myself doing that a bit. We will have to see how that goes. I am not convinced that is a solution, but I want more than anything to get cross country, so compromises may need to be made. If I did it every other night, I would save about $1500. I will just have to make sure that I find a place that I feel safe enough to do that.

Today someone posted the following video about the photographer who does Humans of New York.



  Breaking News


I would love to have this kind of connection with those I meet on the road. Yes. I want to have the "cancer" conversation, but I also want to connect with some people in a meaningful way. In all of the years that I have been a hypnotist and coach, I have had some very wonderful encounters with those who have let me in.

In some ways this trip reminds me a bit of when I was working in NYC. I had a job, but wanted to do something different. I arranged to take a couple of weeks off of work so that I could try things out, and see if I could get things going in a different way. A couple weeks is not nearly enough, but I was glad I did it.

One day I went into a McDonalds and met a lovely woman. Her name was Elizabeth, and we sat and spoke for quite a while. I found out she was a Holocaust survivor. I found out that she had been sterilized, and when she was able to settle after the war, she adopted a boy, who she sadly was having major issues with. She opened her heart to me. She cried some tears. Even though I do not now remember all the details, it was something I have never forgotten.

I can only hope to have this type of experience over and over on my trip. It should be interesting.


Contact Me (Elizabeth Alraune)
Read My Story
View My Vlogs
About this (relate to cancer) Blog - Click Here
Read about where things are currently
Would you like to be a guest blogger?

No comments:

Post a Comment