.http://patreon.com/jolope

.http://patreon.com/jolope
http://patreon.com/jolope

Saturday, June 1, 2013

Day 9: Small Dog Collar Business Threatened by Medical Bills


Based on my 30 Days 30 Causes 30 Dollars blog entry I went looking for my Day 9 $1 donation opportunity, and found a Small Dog Collar Business Threatened by Medical Bills.

The business is family run, and when their youngest was born last year, he had some significant and serious medical issues. As a result, they are financially affected, and are trying to figure out if they can save their business.

I am finding something that is perhaps not surprisingly obvious: I find that those I have been picking I can relate to in some way. I have to wonder if I could relate to everyone, regardless of their need - solely based on the commonality we have as human beings. I suspect I could.

But I share this in part because it makes me think about my situation. Are people not helping because they can not relate? Or is there some other reason? When people don't buy something it is because they don't want it, can't afford it or are in some way skeptical. Since my situation really isn't about a sale, the they "don't want it" doesn't necessarily apply, unless it is they don't want to help me. For the $1 I ask, I think most could afford it. And that leaves the belief and trust factor.

I really don't know what more I can do to overcome these things. In regard to the last piece, I have gone out of my way to try to introduce myself to those who don't know me and to give credence to my situation. Maybe there is no way I can.

In the meantime, my journey continues. And in this case, it was the combination of trying to have a running business in conjunction with financial issues due to medical issues that I could relate to.

If you get a chance, check out their campaign, and if you know of any people in need, please let me know. Have a great night.

No comments:

Post a Comment