.http://patreon.com/jolope

.http://patreon.com/jolope
http://patreon.com/jolope

Sunday, May 19, 2013

A "Brilliant" Idea I Had

Even back in 1994/1995 I was trying to connect people. I sent this letter out to a number of people, thinking/hoping that it would be something that would be of interest. How could anyone refuse? The offer seemed to be really great.

I didn't get one single response.

I was sending it to people I didn't know, (or barely knew through limited networking) but still...even today it is hard for me to understand why people choose some of the choices they make. If it sounded good, someone could have contacted me for more info or to learn about me. 

I still think there is an essence of this that is good. The core I believe is valid, but I think we have become so tainted by "business" and "offers" and "marketing" that we might just miss some good things in the process of screening a lot of the noise out. 

Perhaps it is all the more reason to use our intuition and gut feeling when it comes to what we do and don't do and who we choose to interact with.


I show you these things for a few reasons. One is to have the record. Another is to share. And yet another is to share with the intention of showing all of my previous imperfections and hopes and wishes that fell flat. 

So many people will not do things because they can't do them perfectly. As much as I would have liked things to have been better somehow, at least I was trying and doing. I have to give myself credit for that, and if you do it, you have to give yourself credit, too.

So much of what I can do today was built on the things I did yesterday, and it didn't matter whether they were deemed a "success" or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment