.http://patreon.com/jolope

.http://patreon.com/jolope
http://patreon.com/jolope

Friday, May 24, 2013

Day 1: Baby Casen Buswell Fund

Based on my last blog entry I went looking for my first $1 donation opportunity. Unfortunately GoFundMe does not allow $1 donations, so I went to GiveForward.com, and found Casen Buswell.

His medical condition is very unique and apparently the family's medical bills are ever increasing. It feels "funny" to give "only" a dollar. I had some interesting feelings come up as I did it. I have to wonder how many others may have the same, and instead of moving through the discomfort, just ignore it all together.

I can also see how difficult it can be in technological terms, too. There are some I would have liked to have helped on GoFundMe, but there was no email address provided for Paypal, and for some reason I couldn't seem to email through the site. I am going to have to go back and add my own email address. It is hard enough for people to get help without potential helpers/donators being thwarted by technology.

I think I am going to be picking those people who have a distance to get to their goal. I am not sure what else I will be using as criteria, if any. I think I am just going to see where this journey takes me. If you know of any people in need, please let me know. I will be posting about them here as well as at DollarDifference.com.

This should be an interesting adventure. It's OK though, it's not like I have anything better to do. :P I hope Casen and his family will get through their journey with as few craters as possible. It seems like they have a lot of support.


No comments:

Post a Comment