.http://patreon.com/jolope

.http://patreon.com/jolope
http://patreon.com/jolope

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Once Upon A TIme

Once upon a Time, I was a Domestic Goddess. I lived with someone, and he definitely got the better end of the deal. I moved in with him and paid half the expenses, cooked, did laundry, cleaned. Pretty much everything around the house. I even thought - at first - that I was happy to do it.

I spent a lot of time collecting recipes. At one point I had about 12 file boxes like the one you see full of all kinds of recipes. I was always trying something new. I loved experimenting. As a child we had the same things all of the time, so I wanted to branch out. He, the one I lived with, had the same things as a child, and found comfort in the consistency. 

Interesting how we do that, isn't it?

As I am going through things I went through the last box that had made it with me. It was one I may have touched a time or two since I have been here. I looked through it to make sure there were no recipes that I had made in the past that I enjoyed and might go looking for at some point. The Internet makes finding things so simple now, there is hardly a need. In addition, my diet is much different these days. There were several recipes I probably would no longer pull out to make.

One that I found was to melt 2T of semi sweet chocolate in a double boiler along with 1T of oil. You take it and put it on a frozen banana. I never did it before. But, I did it tonight. I treated myself to 1/2 of one. It was quite yummy.

There have been some goodies over the years, but the number of recipes I once had was crazy. I was also crazy about spending hours almost every weekend in the kitchen trying to make something. I made cinnamon rolls, soft pretzels, bread...all kinds of stuff.

There is still a piece of that interest inside of me, as I still enjoy the idea of cooking, and do it occasionally, but it seems like a whole other lifetime ago.


No comments:

Post a Comment