.http://patreon.com/jolope

.http://patreon.com/jolope
http://patreon.com/jolope

Monday, May 20, 2013

Holly: Foresight

When I was putting together the GoFundMe page for the Journey 2 Becoming Tour, I made a reward level that I called Mistletoe. What was particularly interesting to me was that the level had a main piece that had to do with me, and it was one of the highest levels, the other one with something similar for Ayngel.

It wasn't all that interesting until I found out that Mistletoe is used for treatment of cancer, and not only that but there is also a promising feeling that it is good for ovarian cancer, in particular - even though there have been many studies done for colon cancer and melanoma, both with good results.

(I was introduced to it initially by Cindy Carter of the Cancer Support Foundation who introduced me to BelieveBig.Org who are wanting to raise money for a study of its use.)

What does this have to do with Holly?

I started to think about the meaning of flowers. I had used a list that I just mostly randomly chose from that listed flowers names and meanings. If I had done it on my own, I suspect I would never have chosen Misteltoe, as I don't know that I would have thought of it as a flower.

I also thought about Andrea Hylen. She recently shared about how she does her vision "boards," which really aren't boards at all. She uses books and takes an intuitive approach to how she interacts with them. It is a bit difficult to explain this way, but if you are interested in hearing more, perhaps we could talk about it. At some point maybe I will attempt it, but in the meantime, let me just say, I liked the idea, a lot.

So I got idea.

I am going to get myself a journal. I haven't been doing much writing with pen or paper since I have been on the computer so much, and I want to change that. I think there is something special about the writing process when it is actual writing vs typing. Plus writing taps into our unconscious. Your handwriting says a lot about what is going on in there.

Once I have this journal I am going to do one of two things. I am either going to pick a number of flowers randomly/intuitively and put their name (and maybe meaning) on various pages.  Then, as I go through the journal, I will meditate on the meaning as I write about it. Alternatively I have considered just doing it as I go. As you can see, I am not yet sure which.

Right before coming on here, I chose Holly from a list. The meaning listed is "Foresight."

Dictionary.com defines it this way:

Noun
The ability to predict or the action of predicting what will happen or be needed in the future.

Synonyms
prevision - forethought - providence - anticipation

Providence stands out to me, which Dictionary.com defines as:

Noun
1. The protective care of God or of nature as a spiritual power.
2. God or nature as providing such care.

Synonyms
foresight - forethought - prudence

As I look at the initial definition, I find myself amused. I am amused because isn't that what all human beings want? We want to know what the future holds. We want to predict so we can control, which really is a form of pre-fixing things.

Yes. I am "guilty" of that, too. But I would like to think that I am getting better at being in the moment which isn't about the future or the past. It is about right here, right now. It is about knowing the only thing that can truly be known. The rest is guess work.

At the same time, there are times I do know things that aren't of this moment. Sometimes I do. Sometimes I don't. I am not sure what the difference is, or why there is even one.

Which kind of leads me to the synonym: the care of God, or a spiritual power.

If there is a being that knows anything and everything, it is going to be God. Some would say we, too, are God which would mean that we, too, know everything, which means we are in the care of ourselves. The logical part of me is looking at a huge storehouse in my mind. It is trying to figure out how one would have simultaneous access to everything known, or if what is known is more a question of where one's present focus is. Maybe we are not meant to have access to everything all the time.

Maybe life is like one big lending library of experiences.

I find it interesting, as well, that holly is quite popular at Christmas time. I wonder if there is some original intention around its use, given its meaning. Jesus knew what was coming and he still walked into it. How many of us would know what he did and then do what he did? He had to have a greater sense of things to know that that was what he needed to do.

Today I saw something that said, "What is broken can be fixed." My comment to it was, "First of all, how do we know something is truly broken, and not just something different we hadn't thought about or considered? Secondly, it seems to me human arrogance to think that we can 'fix' and control everything. I can't help but wonder how many people think I caused my illness and how many others will think that I didn't do life right enough to live and heal, should my outcome not be living past my diagnosis of cancer. Quite frankly, there are times I can't help wonder that myself. BUT...who really knows? We are all just guessing. Cases can be made for almost any argument and perspective."

If Jesus had tried to "fix" his situation, who knows what would have happened? Maybe he still would have been crucified. Maybe he would have suffered more trying to escape it. Maybe it is what needed to happen to show us something about what we view as "reality."

I am not looking to get religious here, by the way. I am just observing what the "facts" have been reported to be and my observations of them. Are they correct? I don't know. But how do we know that anything is universally correct? I am not sure we do. And perhaps that is part of the point of life. Maybe we are meant to sort through the things "known" and determine what we believe about them.

I wonder if in some way our beliefs are a form of foresight?

I can see I am going to enjoy these explorations. I love asking questions which is kind of funny, really. If I knew everything, what would there be to ask? It could take all the fun out of the exploration and the journey and the discovery.

By the way, just a reminder my radio show comes on at 4:00 PM Eastern today. Visit WorldofPerspectiveRadio.com to listen. There is a good chance this will come up in the conversation today, and if it interests you, I would love your take and participation. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment