.http://patreon.com/jolope

.http://patreon.com/jolope
http://patreon.com/jolope

Friday, February 15, 2013

Conversations with Myself (from 2011)

I finally started to do some cleaning up. I would like to
say clearing out, but I think it is more of a shifting of
stuff. A few things went out, but I am not convinced it
is enough. I am also far from done.

One of the things I did was listen to a recording I was
making as I began my trip across country 2 years ago.
I had wanted to record the whole trip, but it seems I
only got as far as Day 2.

If I remember right, that was as things started to get
interesting weather-wise.

It was interesting to hear myself talk. One of the things
that I talked about was God. There had been something
I had heard, and it was about being separate from God.

I questioned how can we be separate from something
we are a part of?

I almost hesitate to write about this publicly. I usually
stay away from conversations about God and Religion
and Politics. Quite frankly I am not sure that a lot of
the conversations people get into are particularly helpful.

So often those conversations deteriorate when their
are labels and boxes that things go into. I think at the
core it is important that we connect at a deeper, human
level rather than one that goes by a particular label or
definition.

I would imagine there might be some who read what I
wrote and want to explain how that separation is
possible. While I respect your beliefs, I am not sure
that I would believe the same way that you do. I am
not writing this to get an answer. I am writing it more
just to air what was in my head at the time.

It is so interesting to write publicly. I have said that so
many times before. But it really is. The minute you write
publicly, it seems to be an invitation to the conversation.
And there are times (many, actually) the only person I
am looking to have a conversation with is - myself.

It is not that I don't care about what others think. It is
just that I am looking to get to the core of what *I*
think and what I believe.

However, it seems that I need to continually be on the
"defense" when writing, especially if I am not looking to
entertain a certain type of conversation.

So...

Having said that...

Another thing I mentioned was that I got to thinking about
previous wars that we have been involved in "out there."
Previous wars we have been involved in have never been
so close to home as the one that we now face - the one
without borders.

I was questioning if it was possible that we were meant to
learn something from the wars that were "out there," but
that we didn't. And because we didn't, the war came closer
to home. It came to a place that could not, would not, be
ignored. It came to a place that we would have to look at
something differently because it was no longer "out there."

Some might think that it is silliness to even suggest that
that perspective could even be in the realm of any real
possibility. Maybe there is nothing to it. But if there is
anything that we are supposed to learn in life, it is going
to come from the things we interact within life. And
something like a war is certainly more likely to get our
attention.

I don't really have anything more to say about these things
at the moment. I really just wrote about them, to have them
a part of this record that I am creating for myself.

I had actually forgotten that I had even said those things.
And in a recording they are much more easily lost to the
Land of Things Forgotten than in text.

And with that...til next time.




No comments:

Post a Comment