.http://patreon.com/jolope

.http://patreon.com/jolope
http://patreon.com/jolope

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

With Gratitude: Landmark Day (for the blog)!

Earlier this month I set a goal. I wasn't sure if I could get there,
and I wasn't sure HOW I was going to get there, but I figured,
what the heck? There was no harm in setting a goal and seeing
if there was a chance that I could meet it.

The goal:
Have 10,000 All Time Views for this blog by end of day 2/28

Given that I had approximately 3,500 views in the beginning 
of the year (which encompassed May 15 til the end of 2012)
it was a sizable goal. But I was seeing how I was getting more
and more traffic, so I thought it somewhat reachable. There
were some days, though, I wasn't so sure. There were some 
days there would only be a few views. Other days, hundreds.

Part of that has to do with some help I have been getting. 
Those who have shared this blog, thank you so much. It means
so much to me that I and/or what I am doing means something
to you enough for you to share my efforts.

I have plans to really get out into the world, and for someone 
who for so long wanted to be quietly hidden, that is a really big
deal. It is a really big deal to be so open and so verbal about 
not only what has happened, but what continues to transpire in
this journey called cancer.

Today I hit my goal.  And it is even one day early!













I am so excited. I have no idea what it means, or will mean,
but any progress made starts with the first step. 

As excited as I am, I am also clear that this is just a step 
among many. I continue to ask you for your support. If you
think that what I have to offer is valuable, please share it.
If you think you have something to add to the mix, please
add it.

I am certain this is not just about me and what *I* can do,
or what *I* will do. This is about a much bigger picture. 
This is about an "us" that I may never have met. This is
about perspective that transcends an experience of cancer.

This is about something much bigger than you or me. This 
is something that speaks at a frequency that few may understand
until they tune in. And I truly hope to tune into something 
incredibly wonderful with the really great people of this planet.

This is something that I know is a gift to life itself. "This"
being a purpose bigger than any one person, any one experience.

I may just be one among many who is singing her song, and 
while it may seem that I am seeking an audience, what I really
want is to join with others who are singing their songs. I want
us to sing together.

I know to some this may sound a bit much, and maybe even
corny. But for others it may be a tune you recognize. Either 
way, it is the song currently playing in my heart and it is one
that speaks to me in a way that nothing else does.

Thank you for being a part of this journey. I have no idea 
where it will take us, or what the goal of it is, but what I do 
know is how good I feel when I am one among many who
are excited about the possibilities that life has to offer - especially
in the midst of life's inevitable curve balls and challenges.

with incredible JoLoPe* and gratitude,
Elizabeth

*JOyLOvePEace


No comments:

Post a Comment