.http://patreon.com/jolope

.http://patreon.com/jolope
http://patreon.com/jolope

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Could this be about You?

I am hesitating a bit about writing about what I am about to write. LOL...wondering how many of those reading this may wonder if what I am about to write has to do with you. And...wondering how many of you may be worried about what I am about to say.

Will it be good? bad? Will you like it?

Wondering how many of you are thinking this but would never say that you were.

Those who know me know that I wind up writing about those I know here. I try to do my best when doing that to preserve another's privacy. I don't always do such a great job. But generally I do try.

I guess that is a problem of knowing someone who writes, and writes publicly. You never know what she might say and how you think you will come off, especially if you think that she is wrong (and at times even may be).

So...have I gone on long enough? Are you sitting on the edge of your seat?

LOL. Well most of you can relax. All but one of you. Man. I am having too much fun with this. Well even that one can relax. It is more about me than it is about you, but because it involves you, you will recognize yourself the minute I start saying what I am saying.

I am a bit self-conscious about writing this, knowing there is a good chance you'll be reading it. That is part of the reason my blog was private at first, I never wanted to censor myself in the interest of preserving peace with another. It is very different to write with another in mind than it is to write with abandon.

Ok. So I know you want to hear what I have to say. Especially if you think this could be about you. And you are probably like, "oh c'mon already." I will say one more thing before I go where I wanted to go, and that is that in some ways this blog leaves you, the reader, with an unfair advantage. You get to read my insides without revealing any of your own. You get to find out what is going on with me, as you go about your life without contacting me. Of course this is my choice to do this. But I just can't help but note that fact.

**

Yesterday I spent the better part of a day with a new friend. I really appreciated the time we were together. At one point he noted how comfortable I looked, and I was extraordinarily relaxed. When I made plans to go there, it was with the plan to leave all of the things I had to do behind. It was with the plan to forget about the world for a while and enjoy the company and a good meal.

I don't know what is going to happen with this new friendship, but I value what has already been. The moments in life that are special always live on even as days speed on by.

I have learned all too well that the things of the moment can all too easily become the things of the past. So I do my best to appreciate the moments as they are given me without any expectation or thought of what could be or can be. I value the times that I can just be myself without worrying about what someone else will think. There is a lot of freedom in it. And with the right person, an incredible gift.

And I value what that person has offered me in the short time I have known him.

**

Whew.
That wasn't so bad, was it?

No comments:

Post a Comment