.http://patreon.com/jolope

.http://patreon.com/jolope
http://patreon.com/jolope

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Today: Running out of Steam

I feel like I am running out of steam.

I would guess that would make sense. All I have been doing is working or not working because I physically can't any more.

I slept over 10 hours last night. I must have really needed it.

I was thinking just a few days ago about how I missed being creative.  I haven't really done anything with Cedonaah in a bit.

Last night I fiddled some with a few images, and today I took the picture of someone else's and created something. I don't know if he will be OK with me sharing it (LOL, don't even know he will like it.) I do that from time to time.  I take an image of someone's and create with it.  Never quite sure how people will react, but always hope it will be positive.

And positive it was. He just responded while I  was writing. The image to the right is what I put together of a quote from Rachel Cohn and an image of Michael Plosky's taken just recently from the storm that is burying much of the northeast as I write.

I love what Rachel said.  There is a certain stillness of storms that is so amazing.  It really does feel like the world is at peace.

I took a brief break and went to get something to eat, and was excited to see my new business cards are here. I didn't want both sides to be glossy, but it seems they may be. I am wondering if I paid for that, and didn't realize that it was what I requested, or if it was an accident on their part. Either way, I think it worked out. I think both sides really should be glossy now that I see them.

I have a lot, too. 

1,000. To be exact.

It took me a while to use 250. Hopefully with the way things are now, I will find places to give it out and people to give it to. I have had excess cards so many times, as I am always changing things. But I wanted to be practical money-wise, and more than I was ordering was minimally more expensive, so I did it. Kinda funny, as I think about it, as if they aren't used, it wasn't such a practical choice, after all.

Today I also submitted my story for publication in a book to be put together by Anna Renault. It will be included with a number of other stories from those who are dealing/have dealt with cancer. The proceeds will go to The Cancer Support Foundation. (I don't usually capitalize the word cancer, but in this case, I felt given it was the name of the organization, I should respect that). I do not know when it will be published/available, but when I know, I will share. What Cindy Carter does at that foundation is much needed. It is awesome to see that she will get some support in this way. 

I am also hoping to create something with Cindy going forward. However since the details haven't been created yet, I won't say much. As always *fingers crossed.*

I have such a long list of things to do. I really don't want to do any of it. Tomorrow I may not have much time to do anything, as I may be a bit social for a change. What a change that will be, too. But we will see. I committed yesterday to getting another guest blog completed this week. I don't know about you, but my weeks go by so quickly that I would swear it was just last Friday yesterday. I know I am busy, but still...

If you are reading this blog, and you find it helpful or interesting, or if you know of anyone who would appreciate my perspective and/or story, please pass my information along to them, or let me know how to reach out in their direction. I want it to help others, and I need it to help me. Thanks, as always. :)

Have a great weekend.




No comments:

Post a Comment