.http://patreon.com/jolope

.http://patreon.com/jolope
http://patreon.com/jolope

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Playing the Acid v. Alkaline Game (How Does One Know What Is Best?)

Today I have been all over the place.

I didn't get too much sleep last night,
and once again, woke up way too early.

I know I was dreaming again, but I don't 
remember what. I meditated some earlier,
but fell asleep.

I also made some Paleo-style Banana Bread.
I was thinking it was a good, and yummy 
and healthy choice, but found out afterward
maybe not as much as I thought.

I have started to pay attention to whether
foods are acid or alkaline. If you don't
know anything about it, you may wonder why
I would care.

Apparently our body is in its healthiest
state when our urine has a PH level of 7.0.
Anything below that is considered "acid."
Anything above it is considered "alkaline."

At least that is how I understand it. I
read on one site that either side of 7
is acid. I am not sure about that.

Apparently different foods will either
leave an alkaline or acid type of residue
in our body which will tip our body in a
either direction. A lot of acid is what
some say can help be a cause of cancer.

Apparently you can buy PH strips that 
will tell you what your body is doing in
relation to the levels. Someone I met over
Facebook very sweetly sent me some.

The first time I tried it, I was close
to 7.0, but under. The next time I tried
it was first thing this morning, and it
was extremely acid.

Apparently acid is to be expected, as 
the body needs to expel it. After I ate, 
it was closer to 7.0, but not anywhere 
near where it was last evening.

I found out online that it would be expected
that you would have a higher PH level as the
day wears on, but a healthy body would not
stray too far from 7.0 in either direction.

(Again, at least as far as I understand it).

When I made the banana bread, I thought it
was good because on the list of alkaline
foods are bananas (as long as they are not
too ripe), avocados, raisins, almonds.
However, once you cook something and/or add
sugar to it, it no longer is considered
alkaline, but is now acid.

Apparently to really get the effects of the
alkaline properties of food, you need to
have it in raw form. I also read that 
organic bananas are better than non-organic
because pesticides can affect the alkaline
properties of the fruit.

As I tell you all of this, I think of the
practice of Astrology. So many think that
Astrology is a pseudo-science that means
nothing. While I am no expert in Astrology,
I know enough to know that there is a lot
more to it than the fact that someone is a
Leo. There are many facets to it.

I am reminded at the moment that one of my
nodes is in my "health house" which I believe
meant serious health concerns/issues when 
I looked it up several years ago.

Well...if that is the case...

I mention this because I find it interesting
to learn a bit and see where there are crossovers
and overlaps and how it may seem to fit.

I also mention it because there seems to be 
much to food and diet that we don't know either.
We think we are eating an apple. But there is
more to eating the apple than meets the eye.

There is the fiber. There is the fructose
content. There is the fact as to whether it
is alkaline or acid. There is a variable if
you eat it with skin, or without. There are
the vitamins that it is known for. There are
also variables depending on what color it is.
There are the number of calories. Type of 
calories. And whether or not it has fat counts.

All of this is interesting to me. At the same
time, it strikes me as overwhelming to know
all of this information. 

And then how do you know what the "right" 
information is? There are variables among the 
experts about different foods. For example, 
on some lists a certain food may be considered 
acid, while on another alkaline.

There are many things that there are variables
with in life, and a myriad of "expert" opinions.
How do we know what the best one is for us?

I saw an article earlier about what men like
in regard to make-up on woman. One guy says
he doesn't like the vibrant lip colors, and 
another says how attractive he finds it. And
this - on face value - is supposed to be
helpful, how?

I think there will always be someone, somewhere
saying what is best for us. And if we took the
accumulation of the suggestions and put them on
a spectrum together, I bet we would find quite 
a range.

Those people tell us what is right for them,
and because it is right for them, figure it is
right for others. It could be that it is right
for others, but I am not sure about it being a
universal thing for all people.

Of course, it is best if it is universal, it
sells more that way.

I know that isn't necessarily fair to say. I 
know there are some who would have another's 
best interest at heart, and it would truly
believe that what they say is the "truth."

But I am not certain there is a Universal Truth.
I truly do wonder if we know deep within us 
what we need to heed. I wonder if we are so 
busy looking to others at times that we don't
find what we need, but rather what others 
think we need.

If that is the case, it is no wonder we find
ourselves feeling a bit lost at times. I keep
thinking about this idea, and at times I 
incorporate it, and at other times I get so 
caught up in things I forget.

It is not easy to be so conscious and aware
and responsible to oneself. Odd that our
default seems to be a focus on the outer 
world rather than on the inner one.

But it would also explain why some people are
all over the place with their choices. They're
not the ones do the choosing. They just think
they are.

For the moment, investigating this feels right
to me. It will be interesting to see where it
goes/where it takes me. To see if I feel any
better paying attention, and perhaps making
different choices.

The thing is I don't know how different my
choices will be. I thought I was eating fairly
well in recent months, but if I pay more 
attention to this PH thing, that could wind
up changing things.

Just what I need. Another thing. But this is
why I think I may have an interesting point
about being in touch within. If I am in touch
with myself, then maybe it will be easier than
I think.

Maybe it is not about the calories or the PH
or the fiber or whether it is raw or cooked or
gluten or not...Maybe it is about finding my
own inner sense of self and balance. And
maybe when that place has been tapped, 
my outer world will take care of itself which
will feed my inner world in the ways that is
best for it.

Maybe.

At least it sounds good to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment