.http://patreon.com/jolope

.http://patreon.com/jolope
http://patreon.com/jolope

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Oh What a Night: Sadness (Part II)





So another interesting part of tonight came when one of the presenters talked about insurance you can get, in case you are ever diagnosed with cancer.

When the presenter was done, I wanted to say something. What came next took me by surprise. As I started to talk, I started to cry.

I had paid for insurance in case I was hospitalized, but I didn't know that there was insurance in case you got cancer. For a few dollars more, I could have had a significant pay out when I was diagnosed.

But I never even had a clue the insurance existed. I probably would have hated to get it, given the way I think, but I also think it would have likely have been a sage investment, and even better, I would never have had to ask for a single penny from anyone else.

Interesting.

As I say that I realize that if that had been the case, if I never had to ask for anything from anyone there is likely a good chance that much of what you know of me today, and all that I have had to deal with, would have not been revealed, or revealed in a way that would have been much more "piecemealed."

Odd to consider, or say, this, but maybe it was a good thing I didn't know about it.

I would like to think I would have preferred the peace of mind I could have had knowing I had money to live on, and my bills paid off. But the trade off would have been significant. A big part of my future lies in what my past was, and what my present is. If I had had that peace of mind I would never have been able to speak to the plight of many who are in similar predicament as mine.

I have to hope and believe that it WILL work out. I have to.

But it is quite devastating for me in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment