.http://patreon.com/jolope

.http://patreon.com/jolope
http://patreon.com/jolope

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

I So Got It (Video)

I was watching a video on YouTube. It was the year in the life of J.K. Rowling. There were many things I felt were of note, but there were a couple of pieces in particular that stood out. A couple of those pieces were when she was standing in the home that she had lived in when she started to write.

One of the pieces was how she decided that she had had nothing to lose in regard to writing, and the other was about how at the time that she was suffering she had no idea how things would turn out. She got very emotional when talking. 

I so got it.

It is amazing how often things can come to have little, or no meaning, when they are verbalized and repeated over and over. J.K. Rowling lived the pain and anguish. She lived the distress. She lived the poverty. It is not just a story. 

But to many others, it is something distant. It is something incomprehensible. It is something that sounds good, now that it has a "happy ending." I can't help but think that there were not likely to be too many people who saw possibility in her or her situation at the time. I can't help but think that what she dealt with was likely glossed over by many.

I can only guess, though.

I can only guess because it is not my experience. But there is a rawness and pain that she expresses that I can so identify with. Maybe that is where the "meat" of life helps us to "meet" another. Maybe that is where we connect - in the emotions. Maybe when we get caught up in the details we lose our way to connecting, or maybe - more accurately? - it is when we lose the connection that we naturally have as humans. 

If you have the time, I'd say watch it all. But if you don't, perhaps consider watching when she is in her old home, and watch until that segment ends. If nothing else, watch this point; it just goes to show that we never know when great anguish can be the starting point for something incredible. Just imagine if she had given up - or never even tried.




No comments:

Post a Comment